Missing note

mrhachiman5@gmail.com

Idea

Hello,  I made some very important note so that I would not forget. Today when I open Evernote and look the note does not appear. What could have happened? I am 100% sure that I wrote a new note as I modified it once or twice to add later thoughts. I am very frustrated, I really need that information now. But there is no trace of the note. I appreciate any help

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Assuming your other notes are present in the Windows program, go to the Web version of Evernote, which shows the master version of your notes from the Evernote servers (https://www.evernote.com/client/web) and log in, making sure to use the same credentials as you use for the Windows program (otherwise you'll accidentally create a new, empty account--it's surprisingly easy). See if the note is present there. If it is, try duplicating it just for safety's sake, then syncing the Windows program, where the note should then appear. If it's not present in the Web version (and not in the Trash), then it may not have gotten synced from the Windows program, e.g., if you closed the program or shut down your computer before syncing (though even then the program should sync before closing down). If all else fails, and it's worth it to you, you can subscribe to Premium for just one month, giving you access to Note History and tech support. If the note ever synced at all, some version of it should be available in Note History. Then you can drop back to Basic. Hope this is some help.

• Like 1
hace 22 horas, Dave-in-Decatur dijo:

Assuming your other notes are present in the Windows program, go to the Web version of Evernote, which shows the master version of your notes from the Evernote servers (https://www.evernote.com/client/web) and log in, making sure to use the same credentials as you use for the Windows program (otherwise you'll accidentally create a new, empty account--it's surprisingly easy). See if the note is present there. If it is, try duplicating it just for safety's sake, then syncing the Windows program, where the note should then appear. If it's not present in the Web version (and not in the Trash), then it may not have gotten synced from the Windows program, e.g., if you closed the program or shut down your computer before syncing (though even then the program should sync before closing down). If all else fails, and it's worth it to you, you can subscribe to Premium for just one month, giving you access to Note History and tech support. If the note ever synced at all, some version of it should be available in Note History. Then you can drop back to Basic. Hope this is some help.

I think my notebook ran out of battery at some time of the night, but I thought that Evernote makes synchronizations every so often, so it seemed very strange that it has not been saved. Evernote then synchronizes every time you close or open the program or when you close or open a note? It is not very clear to me.
Thank you very much!

• Level 5

If the laptop went to sleep and then just died from lack of battery, that might conceivably cause a failure to sync. Check your settings in Tools > Options > Synchronization to see what the program is set up to do. You might also take a look at the Help articles How does sync work within Evernote? and How to troubleshoot syncing issues.

• Level 5

Usually when you close the program on a Windows PC, it will sync before closing. As long as it is open, it will sync automatically every x minutes, depending on the settings. But if the PC is put to sleep by force (closing the lid), it does not sync in all cases.

Conclusion: If editing the important note took longer than the sync Intervall in settings, there should at least be a copy on the server, even if the last touches are missing. It should be possible to find it using the Web Client, picking „All Notes“ and then sorting by date, to have the last ones on top.