lisec

Remove all hyperlinks from note?

I did a search but the results were from prior to 2017 and none worked.

Is there a way to remove all  hyperlinks in a note? 

I know I could probably use "simplify formatting" or "remove formatting" but that moves the note formatting which I want to keep. It is only hyperlinks I want to delete.

(This is an archive of a Facebook conversation, and every instance of someone's name includes the hyperlink. That's what I want to remove and there are way too many to click on each name and select remove hyperlink)

• Like 1

If it is plain text, maybe you could copy it to a text-only editor, save it and copy it back into a new note. I am not sure if EN detects the strings and reattaches Hyperlinks again. But you could give it a try.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lisec said:

I did a search but the results were from prior to 2017 and none worked.

Is there a way to remove all  hyperlinks in a note? 

I know I could probably use "simplify formatting" or "remove formatting" but that moves the note formatting which I want to keep. It is only hyperlinks I want to delete.

(This is an archive of a Facebook conversation, and every instance of someone's name includes the hyperlink. That's what I want to remove and there are way too many to click on each name and select remove hyperlink)

You could try using Word.  Found this Searching for remove hyperlinks with word.

How do i remove hyperlinks in a word document?

To remove a single hyperlink without losing the display text or image, right-click the hyperlink, and then click Remove Hyperlink. To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.Nov 3, 2019
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If it is plain text, maybe you could copy it to a text-only editor, save it and copy it back into a new note. I am not sure if EN detects the strings and reattaches Hyperlinks again. But you could give it a try.

Thanks Pink Elephant. Unfortunately that doesn't preserve any of the other formatting which I want to keep.

4 hours ago, CalS said:

You could try using Word.  Found this Searching for remove hyperlinks with word.

How do i remove hyperlinks in a word document?

To remove a single hyperlink without losing the display text or image, right-click the hyperlink, and then click Remove Hyperlink. To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.Nov 3, 2019

Ah, that might work. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

You are welcome.  Let us know if it helps.  

Through the menu system, you just press CTRL-A to select all text, then Formatting, Hyperlink, remove. It will whack them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EdH said:

Through the menu system, you just press CTRL-A to select all text, then Formatting, Hyperlink, remove. It will whack them all.

Nice!

19 hours ago, EdH said:

Huh. In the Windows program? Doesn't work for me.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Huh. In the Windows program? Doesn't work for me.

So it works sometimes. It doesn't work all of the time on complex HTML pages, but the more pure text with HTML links vs lots of CSS and other HTML garbage, the more likely it is to work. In its simplest form, create a Table of Contents note, then do the above steps in Windows and all links will go away.

4 hours ago, EdH said:

So it works sometimes. It doesn't work all of the time on complex HTML pages, but the more pure text with HTML links vs lots of CSS and other HTML garbage, the more likely it is to work. In its simplest form, create a Table of Contents note, then do the above steps in Windows and all links will go away.

Thanks for following up. Worth a look, next time my life opens up a space. :)