Remove all hyperlinks from note?

I did a search but the results were from prior to 2017 and none worked.

Is there a way to remove all  hyperlinks in a note? 

I know I could probably use "simplify formatting" or "remove formatting" but that moves the note formatting which I want to keep. It is only hyperlinks I want to delete.

(This is an archive of a Facebook conversation, and every instance of someone's name includes the hyperlink. That's what I want to remove and there are way too many to click on each name and select remove hyperlink)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, lisec said:

I did a search but the results were from prior to 2017 and none worked.

Is there a way to remove all  hyperlinks in a note? 

I know I could probably use "simplify formatting" or "remove formatting" but that moves the note formatting which I want to keep. It is only hyperlinks I want to delete.

(This is an archive of a Facebook conversation, and every instance of someone's name includes the hyperlink. That's what I want to remove and there are way too many to click on each name and select remove hyperlink)

You could try using Word.  Found this Searching for remove hyperlinks with word.

How do i remove hyperlinks in a word document?

To remove a single hyperlink without losing the display text or image, right-click the hyperlink, and then click Remove Hyperlink. To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.Nov 3, 2019
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If it is plain text, maybe you could copy it to a text-only editor, save it and copy it back into a new note. I am not sure if EN detects the strings and reattaches Hyperlinks again. But you could give it a try.

Thanks Pink Elephant. Unfortunately that doesn't preserve any of the other formatting which I want to keep.

4 hours ago, CalS said:

You could try using Word.  Found this Searching for remove hyperlinks with word.

How do i remove hyperlinks in a word document?

To remove a single hyperlink without losing the display text or image, right-click the hyperlink, and then click Remove Hyperlink. To remove all hyperlinks in a document, press CTRL+A to select the entire document and then press CTRL+SHIFT+F9.Nov 3, 2019

Ah, that might work. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 1/13/2020 at 3:28 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Huh. In the Windows program? Doesn't work for me.

So it works sometimes. It doesn't work all of the time on complex HTML pages, but the more pure text with HTML links vs lots of CSS and other HTML garbage, the more likely it is to work. In its simplest form, create a Table of Contents note, then do the above steps in Windows and all links will go away.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, EdH said:

So it works sometimes. It doesn't work all of the time on complex HTML pages, but the more pure text with HTML links vs lots of CSS and other HTML garbage, the more likely it is to work. In its simplest form, create a Table of Contents note, then do the above steps in Windows and all links will go away.

Thanks for following up. Worth a look, next time my life opens up a space. :)

• 5 months later...

remove all hyperlinks doesn't work.  i want to be disable all hyperlinks.  I hate when they are created whenever I type a website. I dont want a hyperlink for the majority of websites I am typing in Evernote. I am creating notes and lists for myself and I am accidentally always hitting the hyperlinks thus opening pages to websites I dont wanna open or see.  Takes up time and memory and slows my progress and effectiveness of what I was trying to accomplish with Evernote. On another ever persistent note, I honestly dont like Evernote much these days.  Been a user since about 2014 and it has progressively gotten worse and more convoluted with every update.  The more Evernote grows the less I have use for all the functions it claims to offer.  Which is why I stopped paying for premium service.  If your basic service cant provide for me, there is no need for the premium.  Evernote is becoming a task/note app for a very specific type of working individual and is becoming less geared towards the general public.  Thus why I have been looking for a lighter more simple direct note taking app that is geared towards someone who isn't a tech industry giant or a young upstart with a disposable income and 5 different devices.

Evernote needs to decide who their prime demographic is and be clear about it so that they don't waste the time of the  rest of us peons in the world.

• 6 months later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:38 PM, jacob_solbux said:

remove all hyperlinks doesn't work.  i want to be disable all hyperlinks.  I hate when they are created whenever I type a website. I dont want a hyperlink for the majority of websites I am typing in Evernote. I am creating notes and lists for myself and I am accidentally always hitting the hyperlinks thus opening pages to websites I dont wanna open or see.  Takes up time and memory and slows my progress and effectiveness of what I was trying to accomplish with Evernote. On another ever persistent note, I honestly dont like Evernote much these days. 

Been a user since about 2014 and it has progressively gotten worse and more convoluted with every update.  The more Evernote grows the less I have use for all the functions it claims to offer.  

Really, it's always been terrible.

I continued to subscribe in the hope it gradually improves, but however many years later and the app is still just as badly developed as when I first started using it.

The search function is cumbersome and annoying, since it insists on replacing your search string with whatever it has matched with, so you can't then tweak it without erasing it and typing new search terms

The note editor is more annoying than trying to write a basic webpage using Microsoft Frontpage, back in 1999. You spend more time fighting with formatting and layout issues than actually writing your notes, which is ironic because the whole point of evernote is to record notes.

It would be simple to add an option to prevent text from being hyperlinked, but it's been reported for years now and Evernote have clearly decided they prefer not to do it.

I'm really done with Evernote. It's time to admit it's just crappy software. They seem to have no understanding of who their audience is, or how people are trying to use the app. They seem to focus on it being a web clipping and sharing platform, which is a shame because there are already lots of competitors for that. All I want is a note-taking app which syncs across platforms, and isn't plagued by constant usability issues like Evernote is.

• 1 year later...

In case anyone is looking for this and finds this thread, the keyboard shortcut to remove links is:

CTRL + SHIFT + K
(So you can CTRL+A to select all, then CTRL+SHIFT+K to remove links)

I came across this thread from a Google search so I expect others might to. And yes, automatic links are quite frustrating, and rarely helpful. Ugh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

As usual some may find automatic hyperlinking useful for their use case, and others think it is the worst idea since taking the middle piece out of a donut. Many apps do convert URLs into links, and not all have a setting for it.

So thanks for posting the shortcuts - maybe the easiest way to select all, and remove all hyperlinks with one stroke.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:28 PM, Carpii said:

I'm really done with Evernote. It's time to admit it's just crappy software. They seem to have no understanding of who their audience is, or how people are trying to use the app. They seem to focus on it being a web clipping and sharing platform, which is a shame because there are already lots of competitors for that. All I want is a note-taking app which syncs across platforms, and isn't plagued by constant usability issues like Evernote is.

I agree with almost everything here. 

@EverNotePlease listen to your customers as you could be doing better. 

• 4 months later...
On 3/11/2022 at 7:41 AM, fpepin said:

In case anyone is looking for this and finds this thread, the keyboard shortcut to remove links is:

CTRL + SHIFT + K
(So you can CTRL+A to select all, then CTRL+SHIFT+K to remove links)

I came across this thread from a Google search so I expect others might to. And yes, automatic links are quite frustrating, and rarely helpful. Ugh.