Recipient of shared note can't view PDF without having to download first

How can I share a URL link to my note that contains a PDF, and the recipient could view/open the PDF within Evernote web or Chrome, instead of having to download the PDF? This used to be something that could be done, but something changed in recent times. This is a terrible inconvenience, so much so that I can no longer use Evernote for many of the tasks that I am used to doing.

Is there a setting or something that allows this, that I may be missing?

I am using Windows 10/PC Evernote client to create the notes, then create a share link which I send to folks who are on a variety of systems (Mac, PC, phone, etc).

Thank you!
Darren

• Level 5*

When using a web browser to view a note, the components have to be downloaded      
The download is automatic for the html code, and images   
Other attachments,  like attachments show as attachments and require a separate download    

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, dloprinzi said:

...the recipient could view/open the PDF within Evernote web or Chrome, instead of having to download the PDF?

When using a web browser to view a note, the components have to be downloaded      
This is a web standard
The download is automatic for the html code, and images   
Other attachments,  like attachments show as attachments and require a separate download    

Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, my recipients 100% definitely used to be able to view PDFs by clicking on them, without having to download to their own hard drives. It might have been a via a Chrome interface, but they didn't have to download nonetheless. I know this because it has caused an uproar at my office where I have been sharing links with my team for years, and now all of a sudden the ability to view is gone for everyone.

• 2 years later...
  • Level 5*
22 hours ago, cjang said:

yes I am also facing this issue, it seems to be that this feature was removed

Hi.  You're tagging onto a 2-year old thread for an old version of Evernote.  If you're looking for suggestions or assistance,  it might be an idea to give us a full description of your device,  OS,  Evernote version and the changes you're now finding.  Also - please contact Support to receive some direct feedback from Evernote;  we're mainly users here...