"Scroll Left Panel Item Into View" option is broken

Greetings, 

I've recently run into a problem using Evernote that is starting to feel like a bug. Or maybe I am having a false memory. lol. In either case I need help! 

I make heavy use of reminders and I like to work on my notes in the order of the reminders.  

In the past, at least I remember it this way, I could click a reminder in the reminder list and the note would appear in the note panel and i could update it etc. Then I'd update the reminder date. And my recollection is that the note list would still be showing the reminders and the reminder would be moved down to the appropriate spot in the reminder list. But the focus would still be on the reminders which made it easy to click on the next note in the reminder list. 

But something changed recently. Now when I click a reminder in the reminder list. The note shows up in the note panel, as expected. But the note list scrolls down to the note's entry in the note list which pushes the reminders up and out of view.  That means after I am done editing the note I have to scroll back to the top of the list to get to the reminders list again. It doesn't sound lie much but it really slows down my work flow. 

In the Options window I see there is an option labeled "Scroll left panel item in to view when the item is selected" That sounds like exactly the behavior that I am seeing. 

Here's the problem. I have that item unchecked. But it is behaving as if it is checked. I have checked that box on and off a dozen times and I see no change in behavior at all. Evernote acts like that is always checked even if it is not. I even uninstalled and resinstalled Evernote, hoping that would clear things up. 

Is this a known bug? 

I am on windows 10 using Evernote version  6.22.3.8816 (308816) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954). 

And while I'm at it, I'd like to suggest that in the note list options where you can select how the note lists are sorted, it would be nice to have an option that lets you keep the notes sorted in the order of their reminders 

It would also be nice to have a short cut key to take you to the top of the note list or take you directly to the reminders list. 

Thanks 

Calvin Powers 

• Level 5

The problem you're experiencing has been under discussion in the following thread just a few items down from the top:

What has been discovered there is that this is related to using Snippets view. Other Note List views seem unaffected. One user in that thread reports that Evernote staff acknowledge the problem and will fix it.

• Level 5
On 1/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, Alberto Marchesi said:

I also have the same annoying problem with Win 10, but not with IOS on Ipad

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Please do consult the thread to which I gave a link earlier. There is much discussion there, and the problem has apparently been identified as being with the "Snippets" view only.