Evernote all blank

Go to solution Solved by Austin G,

• Ex Employees

@CharlotteG Glad to know clearing cookies helped out. I've seen this happen occasionally with our web client. Clearing cache/cookies is a good way to reset the state of the browser, since the web client stores some data locally that may have become corrupted. Due to being a web client, you're not going to have any data loss since everything is being directly manipulated on the server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the  same problem with firefox also. I am signing in with my evernote  id and  password. Mine works fine on Windows. I am having this problem in my Ubuntu Linux browsers. What other info can I provide?

10 hours ago, Adrian Jecan said:

Hello,

Since yesterday, either login page is not working or the next page after login.

There is a js error in console: https://clip2net.com/s/4aTnl4a (screenshot).

Strange that you are a freemium business but the web application is not working for 1 day already.

Best regards.

Hello! This is a user forum, btw :)

Have you tried deleting all cookies and browser data? The web client is working fine for me (and many hundreds of thousands more, I presume).

I can't access evernote via chrome in ubuntu. My chrome version is 83.0.4103.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Always getting this error in the console `TypeError: Qb.d(...).toLowerCase(...).replaceAll is not a function`

evernote.png

• Like 1

Here to report also seeing this behavior. Using the web client on Linux machine (PopOS, Ubuntu essentially) and Firefox (Mozilla Firefox 84.0.2). When I go to the login page the dialog for my username is fine. I enter that info and instead of the next box appearing asking for my password, it takes me to a blank page. The html for that page is literally just 

<html>
  <head></head>
  <body></body>
</html>

Sometimes if I try it enough times in a row I'll eventually get to log in. I just used Chrome on the same machine to login and it worked the first time. Also tried it with the Brave browser and that also worked fine. 

• Level 5*

In Chrome,  once you get logged in,  try the three dots menu in Chrome* > More Tools > Create Shortcut and tick the 'open in own window' box.  You'll get a bespoke window that doesn't have the clutter of a standard browser window and seems to load faster. 

* Also Brave / Vivaldi / Sidekick 

I assume it has to do with people using an older browser. The replaceAll method has been introduced in browsers in August 2020, meaning you need Firefox 77 or Chrome 85 or newer for Evernote to work - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/replaceAll.

Ofc, this is far from ideal and it can be fixed by the Evernote team by either including a polyfill or using a different method instead of replaceAll.

Can this be escalated to the development team somehow?

compat.png

• Thanks 1

My Evernote WEB home screen has been blank for more than two days. I use Firefox 68 on Debian 8 and I also tested on Google Chrome. and it was the same thing. I'm a teacher and I still haven't been able to update the Linux version, Att. Ricardo.

imagem1.png

• Like 1
40 minutos atrás, ehrt74 disse:

Ah, it's possible firefox 68 is too old. Evernote uses a function called replaceAll (i think?) which is only supported in recent web browsers.

---

have a look here:
https://caniuse.com/?search=replaceAll

Ok I thought about that. But unfortunately, I'm not able to change the version of the operating system now, because I'm working with this desktop.

3 minutes ago, rjbgbo said:

Ok I thought about that. But unfortunately, I'm not able to change the version of the operating system now, because I'm working with this desktop.

You could possible think about upgrading to Debian 10. Debian 8 reached end-of-life a long time ago, so it probably isn't very safe any more. 

I have same problem. Safari 14.0.3 and Firefox 85.0.2.  (Mac OS 11.2.1)

Enter email then immediately a blank screen.  Same for all 3 of my separate Evernote Premium accounts.  Also same for attempting share file from Pocket to Evernote.  

When I try to login with either Safari or Firefox, I enter my username and then I get a blank page with no way to continue, i.e. no way to enter my password. I do seem to be able to login using Chrome, however. This just started happening a couple of days ago. Up until then everything worked fine.

It's especially frustrating when I don't see any notification that only Chrome is supported. And it's also very frustrating because you can't even create a new topic to say that it's broken because you have to login first, which isn't working.

Can someone fix this please?

Thanks,

Rob

10 hours ago, Krow3233 said:

Having the same issue exactly, but I'm using a chromebook. I can get in just fine on my PC with chrome, so not an account issue.

What version of ChromeOS are you on? Have you tried clearing browser data for evernote? What are your cookie settings?

11 hours ago, Uberpippi said:

Just for some more details, if I clear my cache, I can go back to evernote and get to the sign on page, but as soon as I enter my username and password and it redirects me to https://www.evernote.com/client/web, it just stays blank. No loading cursors or any indication that anything is happening, and it will just sit like that indefinitely.

What does the javascript console say? is there an error? What web browser are you using?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Alexey Butakov said:

I'm having the same problem. Both cookies and cache already deleted twice. Nothing helps. I have recently bought a premium plan and can't use it now!

Hi.  As you're a subscriber now,  please contact Support in case we don't sort it out here.  While you wait for their reaction,  try another browser to see whether this is purely an issue with Chrome.  And... log out of everything,  power your system off and then back on.

Is it possible to download and install the local Evernote version on this device?

9 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

What version of ChromeOS are you on? Have you tried clearing browser data for evernote? What are your cookie settings?

ChromeOS version is 81.0.4044.103 - 64-bit

Yes I've tried to clear browser data. Also tried using incognito mode with no luck. My cookie settings are default for Chrome, haven't messed with them. 

Just checked again, and Evernote still won't load today on the Chromebook. Still works fine on PC web-client.

Hello! This is a user forum and we can't actually fix anything.

Be that as it may, Evernote runs fine on Firefox (I don't know about Safari), it does however require a fairly modern version (I think v 77 onwards are supported). What version are you on?

Hopefully they'll build some error handling into that in the future to redirect to the official version if your browser doesn't support ReplaceAll. It looks like this was a recent change, since I've been able to use it fine up until now.

• Ex Employees
  • Solution

Hey folks.  Thanks for these reports.

This issue appears to be isolated to older browser versions. Specifically  Chrome < 85, Edge < 85, Firefox < 77, Safari < 13.1, Opera < 71.  We're working on a fix for these browser versions. In the meantime Please update the browser to fix this, or revert to the previous version of Evernote Web from your settings page: https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action The previous version of Evernote web will load on the older browser versions. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Ex Employees

Notes: I merged some threads reporting this issue, but accidentally moved posts from 2020 that are unrelated. Sorry for the confusion. I'm Keeping them merged here to keep the recent reports in one thread. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:55 AM, rjbgbo said:

My Evernote WEB home screen has been blank for more than two days. I use Firefox 68 on Debian 8 and I also tested on Google Chrome. and it was the same thing. I'm a teacher and I still haven't been able to update the Linux version, Att. Ricardo.

imagem1.png

you can try to delete cache and temp file your PC