How to use ScanSnap Cloud with the IX500 to have OCR'd PDFs in Evernote?

I'd like to use ScanSnap Cloud with the IX500 to have OCR'd PDFs in Evernote. Possible?

I noticed that ScanSnap Cloud will

• save PDFs to Evernote, but the PDF contains images, not text.
  • but the saved PDFs are not OCR’d
  • but the saved PDFs are searchable by Evernote

I spent some time poking around to see if the PDFs could be OCR’d but that doesn’t seem possible.

OCR’d is nice as you can copy/paste from the PDFs.

Anybody else hit this issue? At first, I thought this was a big issue if Evernote was not making the documents searchable, but apparently it is.

• Level 5*

I use an inexpensive OCR app (PDF OCR X) to OCR my pdfs   
I run this on an as required basis, but could add it to my import folder script (Mac)

Warning: Evernote OCRs handwriting in images.  I've been unable to replicate this

• Level 5

Open ScanSnap Home

Go to ScanSnapHome menu, scanner settings (3rd position from top, I run the German version, so I have to translate the menu items)

The ScanSnapHome-Scan window will open. There you have a number of scanning profiles. On the top right of the window you have the pen to edit them. Click it.

You get an editing window for the profile. In the box with the settings, at the bottom is a button „advanced / detailed setting“. Click it.

In the next window, you have 4 option tabs. Pick the second, file format. Here you can choose between pdf and jpg. If you choose pdf, below is a check box „convert into searchable pdf“. Check it, save the settings to the profile.

To have a document OCRed, you have to choose a profile with this setting turned on. I have created 2 EN profiles, one for simplex, one for duplex, with the OCR-option turned on.

DB933C80-B4FB-453F-8B7F-A43C7CBCA2F0.jpeg.9fe39695a8e4d50d445e1a4e7a91f456.jpeg