Success with Multiple Tags - Zapier to Evernote

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience using Zapier to add multiple tags to a note?

As I've been going through my notes, I realized that the work of tagging them manually would have no end. I have been using Zapier at work for a few months now, and became familiar with its MeaningCloud integration. So far, I have had some success in using it to filter and categorize emails and articles for social media posts.

I have been trying to find a way to have it do the same for my notes in Evernote.

So far, I have tried two processes:

1. Process 1 - Evernote --> Zapier --> MeaningCloud --> Zapier --> Evernote
    1. Tag note with a specific tag in Evernote
    2. Zapier recognizes the tag
    3. Zapier sends the text of the note to MeaningCloud for analysis
    4. MeaningCloud sends a list of relevant terms - both concepts and entities - to Zapier
    5. Zapier finds (or creates) tags in Evernote
    6. Zapier adds the tags to the note  - NOT WORKING
  2. Process 2 - Evernote --> Zapier --> MeaningCloud --> Google Sheets (via Zapier) --> Zapier --> Evernote
    1. Tag note with a specific tag in Evernote
    2. Zapier recognizes the tag
    3. Zapier sends the text of the note to MeaningCloud for analysis
    4. MeaningCloud sends a list of relevant terms - both concepts and entities - to a spreadsheet in Google sheets via Zapier
      1. Data Stored: Title, Date, GUID, Tag Names
    5. End first Zapier process
    6. Second Zapier process kicks in with addition of new row in Google sheets
    7. Delay for a few minutes
    8. Zapier finds (or creates) tags in Evernote
    9. Zapier adds the tags to the note - NOT WORKING

Zapier has successfully added a tag to Evernote, but I cannot yet get it to work for multiple tags or to attach the tags to the note itself.

If I use the "Find or Create Tag" script in Zapier, I can specific which Tags to use (currently using name). But when I try to include multiple tags, using "," ";" "<tag1>,<tag2>", "." in Zapier (without quotes), Zapier strips all punctuation and sends a long string of words as one tag to Evernote.

If I try to add a second "Find or Create Tag" step, the operation fails.

Any thoughts or advice? Have you had a similar situation and how did you solve it?

Thank you.

KTF

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you looked at Filterize?  I have no active zaps at the moment,  but I'm happily tagging and moving notes around with this app.  https://filterize.net

Filters are similar to those in a variety of other integration apps - if {condition} then {action} with the option of setting multiple actions based on multiple conditions.