Title Field for send/share to EN

scottf

Idea

The functionality for saving both URLs and/or highlighted text to EN from other apps needs to be improved in several ways. I truly hope that others will vote this up to get the EV team's attention. Here are my proposed changes:

1. No Title Field?! The EV dialog box that appears when sending a link (or highlighted text) from other apps to EV needs a TITLE FIELD. The way it works now there is no way to separate note title from note content. It's great that the user can select the notebook and add tags, but not allowing a title to be added is a pretty big deal - this results in really messy notes once you access them in EV for iOS or on Desktop or Web. The note content should be the URL or the highlighted text

2. If a user is sending highlighted text to EV from a webpage or article in a new app, besides the highlighted text it would be great if the body content also included the URL to the source page

I'm attaching a few screenshots from sending content from both Safari and the New York Times app to show what I'm talking about. 

The way the integration works now is so bad that I find myself having to create notes manually in EV iOS first and then manually copy/paste from the app with the content. 

Evernote Team - are you listening?

Thanks.

Sending from the NY Times app:

IMG_2841.PNG

Sending from Safari:

IMG_2839.PNG

Edited by scottf
to label the attachments

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet