Better UI to the search capabilities

One of the Evernote's strengths against its competition (e.g. OneNote) is search.  Yet, I find the UI associated with the search capabilities to be limited...constraining...hidden...inconsistent across platforms.

Accessing advance searches should not be primarily from knowing the Evernote search syntax.  On my Mac, hiding the search "builder" as an unobtrusive button after clicking on the Search field makes no sense to me.

Having an easy to use search builder that is front and center is something I eagerly raise my hand for.  And this request is platform independent.

Evernote goes to great lengths to get data into Evernote.  Evernote should go to great lengths to get it out.

Thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion.

-DVOllc

• Level 5*

@dvollc you posted in the discussion for the Web Client Beta
Was this your intention, or should your posts be moved to the General Discussion forum?

edit: Moved to the General Discussion Forum

It was my intention to post this where Evernote was accepting ideas for future feature/functions.  Seeing that it was divided into platforms with no overarching area that was independent of platform, I posted it in the Web Client area.

My apologies if the post was placed in the wrong area.

-DVOllc

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dvollc said:

Having an easy to use search builder that is front and center is something I eagerly raise my hand for.  And this request is platform independent

If you haven't already, check out the latest web version.  Evernote is test driving an updated search there, as well as a new editor.  At some point these will get rolled out to the other clients.