Links within annotations

Jef-one-f

Idea

As you know, these days most university courses have much of the content digital based. I'm currently studying an MA and many of the books are provided digitally. I therefore use the annotation feature quite heavily to review the texts and to make notes. The problem is, I can't easily signpost to the different notes I've made in a 600 page book and the summary feature is simply too much and unorganised. If you could add anchor tags to different points of the PDF in annotation mode, this would allow the user to link to sections of a large note easily. This would be a total game changer for the student using Evernote!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Interesting idea. EN is like a multitool, so it does many things, but for special tasks other tools may be better.

For the time being I would suggest tools like PDF reader (from readdle) or GoodNotes 5 (that is surprisingly fit for the handwritten annotation of pdfs). Both work best on iPads with a pencil, and are as well available for Mac. They have a bookmark-feature.

If you want to do it inside of EN, you could easily split your document with several hundreds of pages into many chapters, each a separate pdf. By this you can structure it better. The pdfs created can rest in one note, or be split into several notes, kept together by a note with a table of content.

On 12/23/2019 at 8:25 AM, PinkElephant said:

If you want to do it inside of EN, you could easily split your document with several hundreds of pages into many chapters, each a separate pdf.

Hi, could you kindly explain how to do this? I have an 800 page pdf textbook, and only one chapter to annotate. I was looking for a way to delete multiple pages in the annotation function, but this seems like a good workaround.

Thx!