[Win 6.22.3.8816] Click on reminder jump to note make reminder unusable

I typically use the reminders section on top of notes as a ToDo list then drag and drop notes between different notebooks like INBOX, DOING, DONE of some sort without problem.

I just updated to 6.22.3.8816 half and hour ago and I cannot do that anymore.

Once I click on one of my reminder, the focus will jump down to the actual note itself before I can even drag it in the 'reminders section'.

Now this broke my daily workflow and I'll have to come up with a different solution if this is happened intentionally. 

Is it just me, or this is a global change for some specific purpose?

After upgrading from the Windows client from 6.22.2 to 6.22.3, reminder list becomes unusable because it is jumping around.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to "All Notes" and expand "Reminders Tab"
  2. Click on a reminder

Expected: The note list stay in the view. (I can select another reminder easily)

Actual: The note list panel jumps to the selected note. The "Reminders Tab" becomes invisible. (I need to scroll back to the top to select another reminder)

Version: Win 6.22.3.8816 (308816) Public (CE Build ce-62.6.10954)

• Like 4

Same problem here. Clicking on the reminder list is expected to open the note editing window on the right side of the screen. And I want to remain in the lists. But editor opens on the right and UI jumps to the reminder at the bottom. I cannot continue to work with the reminders. This renders the reminders completely useless to me. 

I'm new to this discussion board, but not evernote. I signed up because this change completely breaks evernote for me for 90% of my use of evernote, which is the reminders. Is there a way to vote on this issue or for it to get more recognition?

18 hours ago, José Almeida said:

If we change from fragment view to card view, works well as before.

Except the Snippet View, the other views with the Reminder List (Card, Thumbnail) work as well as before.

What happens to the Snippet View ? It's VERY VERY VERY annoying. 

• Thanks 1

It appears this may be intentional, but it's a real drag on my workflow so hoping it's an oversight, or could be re-thought.  As of the latest update, when clicking a reminder in the windows desktop client, the list automatically scrolls to that note.  (Whereas before it would open the note in the note view pane, but would leave the list scroll alone, at the reminders.)  Since I'm normally trying to go through several reminders at once, it's super annoying having the list jump down to some random location (based on when the note with the reminder I've clicked happened to be updated) rather than stay with the reminders section.  And I'm not sure what the benefit is, since you can do any dragging or other operations on the note from the reminder itself.

Thanks, and sorry for the duplicate.  My preferred view is actually the Top List view actually—I always  have to toggle to the Snippet view just to see reminders.  So since it only happens in snippet view, I guess I'll just toggle to card view for that purpose instead!  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Agree this is a very annoying, disruptive side effect (hopefully not a deliberate change).  Glad to hear there is a workaround to change view while using reminders, but please, please fix it so I can use my preferred snippet view and still efficiently use reminders.  Thank you!

Just wanted to add praise to @Wai the original poster for including version details, exact steps to reproduce, expected vs. actual. And praise to the other posters for confirming this bug/unexpected UI change is pervasive. Even though there's no fix yet, this post has helped me (and others I'm sure) who depend on reminders keep our sanity. Thanks!

I agree . . . this is incredibly annoying.  I sent a note to marketing to report this a month ago because I couldn't find a way to submit a bug report.  When you navigate Evernote support to submit a bug report you get the following message . . . but no way to submit an actual report.

image.png.5fc5184778f5466dbc3ed2f00f310d87.png

I agree, it is extremely frustrating. I spend most of my time scrolling back to the top ever since the new update. A quick workaround this is that I will have to "right click" the notes and open it in a new window, this way my reminder list on the left stays at the top. It's not the best solution but it beats having to scroll all the way to the top after each task. I hope this helps and I do hope that Evernote fixes this soon

Happy New Year everyone !

Switching to Card View is working fine for me also, since I don't care about the view of the notes below while working with the reminder list above. And you can use keyboard shortcuts to switch the views, so I don't think reverting to an earlier version because of this is really necessary.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that EN is aware that this is a bug, and they plan to fix it.

3 hours ago, CalS said:

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Yes, sorry. I should have done that in the first place. Here you go:

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Evernote Support and for reporting this issue.

I understand that the note list scrolls to the note when selected from the reminder list. We're aware of this change and working on reverting it. Until the issue is resolved please use these steps to reinstall the previous version:

1. If Evernote is running, select File > Exit from the menu bar to exit the Evernote app
  2. Click the 'Start' button to open your Start menu
  3. Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program
  4. Select Evernote, then click Uninstall
  5. Exit Internet Explorer and Outlook (if installed & open)
  6. Download and install (as an administrator) Evernote for Windows from http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.21.2.8716.exe
  7. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Thanks @johnkitchen that's exactly what I wanted - a link to a version published by/hosted on their site.

Others - am aware of FileHippo and similar, but they could inject all sorts of malware in their downloadables 😞 Sure, the Windows installer checks the code signature at install time but I've heard of ways for third parties to "defeat" that. So it is nice to see EN is starting to recognize that their product is too unstable not to offer an official way to roll back to a previous version.

Perhaps Evernote could (please, please) make a permanent, official source for a reasonable number of past Windows versions, plus the .apk's for Android and whatever iOS uses. Maybe @Ian Small or @Shane D. can help with this?

Yeah I agree this is an awful change.  I hope we get the option back.  For now I'll just use Card view as Plan B.  This feature is really my main workflow and kills my productivity.  

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Due to this bug I had to use version 6.21 for a year!

And unfortunately it's not fix - it's better - but it's not fixed even in latest 6.25.1.

Now it works ok if reminder is changed to a date that still falls inside search criteria, but if I change the note time so that it falls out of the criteria, the selection jumps somewhere inside the list and the list of reminders is not visible anymore (I have to scroll up).

Repro steps:

1. Make a folder ABC

2. Create 10 notes with reminders for TODAY

3. Use a saved search or just simple search with criteria: notebook:ABC -reminderTime:day+1

(to will display only notes with reminder dates sooner than tomorrow)

4. Select first note and change it's date to tomorrow.

Expected:

- I still see the list of reminders, one of the closest one is selected, and the altered note is gone

Actual:

- the note is gone, but a random note from the list is selected (not a reminder, but note is selected) so the view jumps to the bottom and I don't see reminders anymore

Unfortunately I have to go back to version 6.21 :(