Evernote for Windows 6.22 GA

• Ex Employees
Today we released Windows 6.22 GA. It's available here!

Fixed: 
- If you opened a note via your shortcuts or after searching for a tag, any links to other notes in your account would be broken. That defeated the whole purpose of having links so we fixed it.
- Editing shared notes with images inside them would sometimes cause the app to crash. That's now a thing of the past.
- Occasionally the app would crash when you clicked on a note in the note list, which you probably did quite often. But it should be smooth sailing now.
- If you opened an image pasted from Snipping Tools, the app would sometimes freeze, but no longer.
- You can now edit your notes to include hyperlinks with a UNC path (in other words, \\host-name\share-name\file_path).
- Updates to templates
- When you click on a note link in a tagged note, the app will now show you the note you wanted. A big improvement from before.
- We tweaked the text on one screen to make it easier to read.
  • Iriska pinned this topic
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I know you guys already know, but just to remind, since it is a very recent issue:  

You really don't need to do repeat yourself; in fact, you probably shouldn't. From the Forum Code of Conduct, #7:

7. Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums).

It's a guideline, so take it as an FYI, in case you didn't know. Thanks.

23 hours ago, jefito said:

You really don't need to do repeat yourself; in fact, you probably shouldn't. From the Forum Code of Conduct, #7:

It's a guideline, so take it as an FYI, in case you didn't know. Thanks.

I never heard of mentioning a lingering bug on different versions being cross posting.  I created the linked topic precisely so it could be pointed to without repeating the whole discussion on the topic.

This is what I have observed others doing in reporting bugs for years.  Sorry that I never noticed your objecting this practice till now.

I think I will simply wait until staff offers a better explanation on how to apply that rule, before deciding that a practice which seems well established is against the rules.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:57 PM, Don Dz said:

I never heard of mentioning a lingering bug on different versions being cross posting.  I created the linked topic precisely so it could be pointed to without repeating the whole discussion on the topic.

This is what I have observed others doing in reporting bugs for years.  Sorry that I never noticed your objecting this practice till now.

I think I will simply wait until staff offers a better explanation on how to apply that rule, before deciding that a practice which seems well established is against the rules.

And frankly I don't think, that you did anything wrong. The Code of Conduct says explicitely "Do not double post (post the same message twice in one thread) or cross post (place the same message across several forums)". IMO this means "don't post the same text twice". You didn't. You linked to another message in another thread. If this is against the Code of Conduct, you simply should not be able to do this. Since you can it is absolutely okay.

It is for me, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 7:18 PM, Iriska said:
Today we released Windows 6.22 GA. It's available here!

Fixed: 
- If you opened a note via your shortcuts or after searching for a tag, any links to other notes in your account would be broken. That defeated the whole purpose of having links so we fixed it.

This seems to be "partially" fixed.  There is a way to "externalize" links with Evernote Windows by pressing CTRL while selecting the menu option "Copy internal link".  This will give you a link that Windows will be able to interpret and that you can put in any application.  Here is a sample of the kind of link generated (trunkated):

evernote:///view/1872691/s16/91aa57ca-2d89-4a6f-885a-297cef3798cb/91aa57ca-2d89-4a6...

If you attempt to open such kind of a link after your did a search on a tag, your link will still not work even after installing 6.22 GA.

8 hours ago, AndreasM said:

Again, the paid gurus here in action.

No one here is paid... (well, except the folks who actually are Evernote employees - but those are clearly shown in the info under the poster's name)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Oops - just had another crash with 6.22.3.8816 on Windows 10.  I left the system to chill quietly for 4 hours* while I did something else,  came back and woke it up.  System not busy after having a rest. 

First act was to search for a two-word item using quotes and got 150+ hits.  Saw that one note was probably old and not required - clicked on the note title to check.  Took ages to load the content (30+ seconds).  Confirmed that this note was literally a waste of space and hit <delete>.  Evernote disappeared. (! First crash for a month !!)

Killed two Tray processes (as usual) and restarted from the Start menu. 

Evernote 6.22.3 reinstalled itself rather than just restarting. (?????)

After a short wait I got the expected Fatal Error window and reported the crash.

Everything now seems back to normal - the previous note was already deleted when I repeated the search.  I deleted another to check that Evernote would not crash again - it did not.

* the system was chilling,  not me...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Evernote 6.22.3 reinstalled itself rather than just restarting. (?????)

After a short wait I got the expected Fatal Error window and reported the crash.

Everything now seems back to normal - the previous note was already deleted when I repeated the search.  I deleted another to check that Evernote would not crash again - it did not.

* the system was chilling,  not me..

download.jpg.7d132d8206fc1d0e90d6b23a0ea84e97.jpg

• Iriska unpinned this topic

Archived