Don't wand to see the redirected window

Edstar3000

Idea

hello people

excuse me, but  I couldn't find the option to disable the message that I'm being redirected to another website. Im doing quite a bit or redirecting so it gotten a bit annoying. any way to disable this nuisance?

another issue for me are tables: I create a lot of them and like in Excel or Word I'd love to switch around with my tab key, but that only puts me into another option. any way to assign this button? Thank you!

image.thumb.png.c1dc82895061d9887836b0f0ae469614.png

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. This useless warning has been in place for several years now, and there have been many complaints about it. Unfortunately, it seems likely to remain. Evidently Evernote developers do not want us to accidentally click a link and go to a site that may not be secure. I also find it annoying.

As regards tables, which version of Evernote are you using? I find that in the "new" Evernote for the Web, both the Classic and Beta version allow navigation within tables using Tab. Only the so-called "previous" version does not: it inserts spaces when Tab is pressed in a table cell. If you are finding that Tab puts you into another option (which is not quite clear to me), perhaps your browser is intercepting the Tab key and causing this. Is there a setting in the browser that is related to this?

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees

I'm going to put a ticket in for this issue so that it can get attention. Couldn't find any past decisions on it, but seems like we could add a checkbox on the page that says "Don't warn me again." 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

@Scott T., you will be a hero for many if you can help bring this about! When it was first implemented it may have made sense to prevent accidentally browsing to a linked site. But in the current Web editor, you have to explicitly click on a link in a small dialog in order to open it. That seems like an adequate level of alerting and permission.

• Like 1