Does Evernote Do Voice to Text?

K8Grateful

Idea

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, K8Grateful said:

I know you can record your voice via Evernote, but does it have a feature anywhere that does voice to text? If not, is there another app that integrates into Evernote?

Not an Evernote feature, but both my Mac and iPad have a dictation featureB13726F6-8BF6-457F-A834-F0A304A382B3.thumb.jpeg.37fece89fe4a822d8b1324ec63563b1f.jpeg
Where ever I have a keyboard, I can switch to microphone and get voice to text

• Like 1
  • Level 5
2 hours ago, K8Grateful said:

I know you can record your voice via Evernote, but does it have a feature anywhere that does voice to text? If not, is there another app that integrates into Evernote? Thanks! 

Hi, and welcome to the forums. In Windows, a lot of people use Dragon Naturally Speaking or something like that to do voice-to-text, but no, it's not a built-in feature of Evernote

• Level 5

With Mac and iOS, EN makes use of Siri’s abilities.

Most important this is on the Apple Watch, where Voice-to-Text is the only real possibility to create a new note. But it works on iPad, iPhone and Mac as well. Dragon is probably better (one aspect is it can be trained to support a specific speaker), but for me the Siri-based approach works well enough.

As a general app that offers speach-to-text conversion, to be copied in other apps, you may try JustPressRecord on iOS devices.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Dragon is probably better (one aspect is it can be trained to support a specific speaker), but for me the Siri-based approach works well enough.

Unfortunately, Nuance killed support for Dragon on the Mac back in 2018. If you had it previously you may still be able to get it work, but it's not certain how long it will work.