Creation date changes when I update a note

Hi all,

I went through and made some changes to old notes yesterday and now they are showing at the top of the list when filtering. I tried to filter by note creation date instead, and they are still at the top, which is when I noticed that the note creation date was changed. If I look at the note history you can see that it was not created yesterday. 

This is affecting quite a lot of my notes. Any suggestions?

SNAG-0649.jpg

SNAG-0648.jpg

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Just tested in Vivaldi, Win 10 and the 'middle' Web  version - ie not classic or the new beta.  Didn't find a problem.  Are using the current Web Beta?

Yes, I tend to use the new Beta as I have some spaces which are not supported otherwise. 

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, shawwellpete said:

Yes, I tend to use the new Beta as I have some spaces which are not supported otherwise. 

Then I'm afraid it looks like you have encountered the main 'feature' of working with betas...  some services aren't yet fully developed.  If you need the beta for its positives,  you also have to accept that in the short term there will be also negatives.  It's usually a fine balance.  As a subscriber you should be able to report these to Support direct.  Is the desktop installed version an option for you?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Then I'm afraid it looks like you have encountered the main 'feature' of working with betas...  some services aren't yet fully developed.  If you need the beta for its positives,  you also have to accept that in the short term there will be also negatives.  It's usually a fine balance.  As a subscriber you should be able to report these to Support direct.  Is the desktop installed version an option for you?

I use the desktop version when I can but it's not always possible. Is it possible to do a mass "undo" on the changes I made yesterday or otherwise reverse the date changes?

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, shawwellpete said:

or otherwise reverse the date changes

The desktop platforms  (Mac/Windows) support editing of the note's creation date

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, shawwellpete said:

Is it possible to do a mass "undo" on the changes I made yesterday or otherwise reverse the date changes?

No mass undo I'm afraid - if you have backups of your data you could restore one or more notes,  but you'd lose changes;  Note History on individual notes may show you the dates of any recent changes and would allow you to edit the created date back to whatever date you see in the history - unless there were several.  You could easily tag all the notes that were created yesterday (that will include those notes that show yesterday's date incorrectly) and weed out those that were genuinely created then.  What's left would be incorrectly altered notes - which I'd recommend you export to ENEX files (one for each notebook to which these notes are assigned).  If you do speak to Support,  that file might help them discover exactly what went wrong here.

20 hours ago, DTLow said:

The desktop platforms  (Mac/Windows) support editing of the note's creation date

Yes, I may end up doing this but there is a quite a lot of notes I changed (by ticking some check boxes) so would rather not do loads manually

16 hours ago, gazumped said:

No mass undo I'm afraid - if you have backups of your data you could restore one or more notes,  but you'd lose changes;  Note History on individual notes may show you the dates of any recent changes and would allow you to edit the created date back to whatever date you see in the history - unless there were several.  You could easily tag all the notes that were created yesterday (that will include those notes that show yesterday's date incorrectly) and weed out those that were genuinely created then.  What's left would be incorrectly altered notes - which I'd recommend you export to ENEX files (one for each notebook to which these notes are assigned).  If you do speak to Support,  that file might help them discover exactly what went wrong here.

11 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

You might want to look at this thread and see if there are any similarities to your situation:

Thanks foe the suggestions guys, I am in discussion with support too as it makes sense to get the bug fixed, if there is one

• Like 2