Drag and Drop items in a to do list in android app

• Level 5
On 12/9/2019 at 6:33 AM, depoli.maurizio@gmail.com said:

Hi, is it possible to move the intems in a to do list in the android app, just like it is possible in the windows desktop version?

thanks a lot 

Moe

Yes, it should be. The simplest way to find out would just be to try it. Be aware that formatting, such as italics, will be lost in a drag and drop; and that the checkboxes may need to be re-added, or duplicate ones deleted.

On an Android (or any) phone or tablet, I would think cut and paste is easier than drag and drop. I'd worry that during the tap-move-release gesture that I'd mess up the selection, or release at the wrong spot in the destination window. I see this as a built-in limitation of the touch screen interface itself, rather than an Evernote problem. But maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do? Can you make a video of what you're dragging and dropping in Windows?

• Level 5*

Just to be clear, drag and drop of list items in a note doesn't seem to be implemented for the Evernote Android client yet (as it is in, say, the Evernote Windows client). Cut'n'paste is the workaround, at least for now.

• Level 5
6 hours ago, jefito said:

Just to be clear, drag and drop of list items in a note doesn't seem to be implemented for the Evernote Android client yet (as it is in, say, the Evernote Windows client). Cut'n'paste is the workaround, at least for now.

Begging to differ, Jeff, but in a list of checkbox items, drag and drop works fine. You do have to be careful of the beginning and end if you want to move the whole line, checkbox and all. It works with bulleted and numbered lists too. See my earlier post:

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Begging to differ, Jeff, but in a list of checkbox items, drag and drop works fine. You do have to be careful of the beginning and end if you want to move the whole line, checkbox and all. It works with bulleted and numbered lists too.

You could be right, but I couldn't accomplish it earlier, at least in the table where I keep my checklists. I just tried again, and it seems as though you can make a selection of anything and drag that around, even a whole table, maybe that's what I missed. I didn't find it all that easy to do well, though. Maybe I'll get the hang of it eventually.

• Level 5
13 hours ago, jefito said:

You could be right, but I couldn't accomplish it earlier, at least in the table where I keep my checklists. I just tried again, and it seems as though you can make a selection of anything and drag that around, even a whole table, maybe that's what I missed. I didn't find it all that easy to do well, though. Maybe I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Yeah, I'm sure it depends on one's, um, physical interface. If I had to use my fingers for this, I'm pretty sure I'd cut and paste instead, and probably louse that up too. But my Samsung phone comes with the excellent S Pen, which allows pretty precise selection before dragging. A regular stylus might work too, depending on the device.