Need a basic+ plan

notesnotes

Idea

I used free version to take notes. I am good at basic functionalities of evernote before the "basic" plan limited sync devices to 2.  I don't use high-tech evernote functions.  I just want to be able to sync notes across at least 4 devices and I'm happy to pay $1/month for this basic service.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 12/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, notesnotes said:

I'm happy to pay $1/month for this basic service

There was a Plus account level, however it was dropped a while back
My guess is Evernote identified this as a deterrent to users upgrading to the Premium account level

• Level 5

There is Basic+ , it is called „Premium“. As I understand the wish to save money or to tailor a service to ones exact needs, it simply makes no sense to split bundles of features into many small pieces. The next month I may wish OCR, or note history, or whatever. 

EN with full features (if you need them all or not) costs less than a cup of Starbucks brew per month. I think if Basic is not enough, this is money well spend. And it is healthier than drinking too much coffee as well ...

• Like 1

Thanks for all responses. 

PinkElephant,  in regarding to this:   EN with full features (if you need them all or not) costs less than a cup of Starbucks brew per month

(1) why should I pay for features I don't need?

(2) These days, people have to have lots of subscriptions, to name a few:  amazon prime, amazon music, YouTube red,  cloud storage, office365,  Netflix, Nest webcam subscription, ....

Although each cost not very much, but they can add up to a good amount of money which you can not make it by saving a cup of starbucks brew per month.

• Level 5

Yes, the solution is simple:

1. Make a list, Service and Price
  2. Add to the list your personal preferences, by giving the most important one status „1“, from there going down
  3. Sort the list by importance
  4. Make a column with the cumulative cost

Now take a decision: Allocate a budget, and quit all services that are not covered, or adapt your other income / expenses to allow for all services. A mixed strategy is possible, no cost control is fatal in these days when more and more services are only offered with recurring payments.

By this strategy you stay captain of your fate, here: of your spendings.

To say „Hey, I do not need everything in that services package, so why do I pay“ is possible, but will not lead anywhere. It is like „Hey, I like this Porsche, but with a speed limit of 55 mph, I could do with 75 HP instead of 400“. With some things in life, it is take it or leave it.

I would take the Porsche, but am still saving for my first one.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, notesnotes said:

(1) why should I pay for features I don't need?

For myself, I concentrate on the features I need A,B,C,D... 

Where do I obtain these features?     
I do the research, and the answer is Evernote Premium; no alternatives   
This is subject to constant review - next year there may be a different answer

Life is more satisfying for glass half full people

Hi everyone has his own priority to use limited money.

My post is just a suggestion to Evernote.  There has definitely  users' need for a basic+. If you think you don't need it, that's fine.  Don't need to bother with this.

Although evernote may not offer this plan, but a need is a need.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, notesnotes said:

My post is just a suggestion to Evernote. 

No problem.      
It's posted and users can indicate their support using the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

On 12/7/2019 at 11:13 PM, notesnotes said:

Hi everyone has his own priority to use limited money.

My post is just a suggestion to Evernote.  There has definitely  users' need for a basic+. If you think you don't need it, that's fine.  Don't need to bother with this.

Although evernote may not offer this plan, but a need is a need.

Hi Notesnotes,

so true, my search for the exact same needs is the reason why I ran into your idea. 5$/month for an app just to take notes is simply too much, no matter what other 'pink elephant' we run into on this forum ;) . Therefore I thinks it's a very good suggestion and make it possible to show our appreciation for the Evernotes team with through a limited contribution...

Possibly it was a well considered decision to skip the Plus plan and limit to 2 devices instead of the earlier 3 devices. Trying to 'force' users to the Premium plan,  but my guess is that this only has the business users in mind and pushes out the private users.