Keyboard shortcut keys For reminders

jefito

Idea

• Level 5*

Nice to haves for keyboarding mavens:

An application-wide shortcut for toggling display of reminders in the views that support them (Snippet, Card, Thumbnail). This should expand or retract the reminder list at the top view lists. Ctrl+Alt+R anyone?

Editor shortcuts to Add, Clear, Mark as Done, Add/Change Reminder Date. Anyone's guess which specific shortcut keys are available.

Cheers!

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Side list viewer here so meh on the aforementioned views.  ;)

Rolled my own for reminder maintenance with PhraseExpress and mouse positions.

• Alt+1 - Create reminder with date or mark existing reminder done
  • Alt+2 - Change reminder date
  • Alt+3 - Clear reminder

Sample of create/close below.  Did this a while back, not that hard actually, me doing it being the example therein.  

ScreenClip.png.4920da969018f509e40d48913e2d2dbf.png

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 4/11/2020 at 6:18 PM, Titus said:

Hi, It's 2020 already. Any idea if Evernote will add this feature soon? :(

Who knows?  If you really, really have to have this feature it's not that hard to roll your own per my post above.  Did this some years back and have harvested the benefits since.  Quick video shows creating a reminder with a date, changing the date and marking the reminder as done.  Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+1 being pressed respectively.  Turns out Add Date, and Mark as Done are in the same spot on the screen hence two Alt+1 s.  Also have an Alt+3 to Clear Reminder.  Since EN is always open on my right monitor I don't have any positioning issues.  FWIW.

Hi there,

My main difficulty is this: Is it possible to use keyboard shortcuts to navigate to the REMINDERS section and activate the + Sign first?

Also, the method above doesn't work with different screen resolutions, so it will be a nightmare for me (6 different PCs in total).

Capture.PNG

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Titus said:

Hi there,

My main difficulty is this: Is it possible to use keyboard shortcuts to navigate to the REMINDERS section and activate the + Sign first?

Also, the method above doesn't work with different screen resolutions, so it will be a nightmare for me (6 different PCs in total).

Capture.PNG

Not sure what you mean by REMINDERS section?  IAC the answer would be with PhraseExpress you can create a keyboard shortcut to any part of the screen using the mouse position.  But  per your second point you would have to create a hotkey for each device if the location is different. 

In my case I have two sets of the PhraseExpress reminder hotkeys, one for each office I use.  Both offices have two monitors but the monitors are slightly different in size.  What I end up doing is switching the hotkeys on/off depending on which site I am at.  Not optimal but it only takes a couple of minutes max to do the switch,  Worth it to me compared to all the screen clicks otherwise,  YMMV.

FYI, I use a mouse position utility called MousePos, it can be found here.