Evernote for Mac 7.14 Beta 1

Nick L.

Hello,

We have a new version of Evernote for Mac 7.14 Beta 1 with some bug fixes. You can download it here

Fixed:

• Some notes won't load and subsequently display that the user is offline. 
  • Users not able to copy text from inline PDFs in macOS Catalina.

Please let us know if you have any feedback and happy testing. 

• Like 2
On 12/3/2019 at 1:19 PM, rgtempler@msn.com said:

Tried to download the 7.14 Beta, but will not load....

Can you elaborate a little more in what you're seeing? Feel free to DM me a screen recording. 

17 hours ago, korakoch.mt@gmail.com said:

It Still have scroll slow on Macbook Pro Retina ... 
(in note that have more image)

not smooth like on web

Thanks, this is still a known issue. We're working on a new text editor that is currently in beta in Evernote Web. The issue is fixed there. We'll be deploying the new editor experience to the desktop apps later, so you should see a fix for this coming soon. Stay tuned!

7 hours ago, Eduardo Estefano said:

I think I used to be able to copy text from Word documents displayed inline as well. It is not working anymore either on catalina. Was this fixed too?

Yes, this should be working as expected. You should be able to highlight word doc previews, copy and paste it.

I have been experiencing "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" for one shared note.  I can access this same note from my iPhone Evernote application, but not Evernote on my MacBook Pro.  I can access all other shared documents except for this single document.  I tried installing Mac 7.14 Beta 1 and I'm getting the same results -- still getting the "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" on my MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions of what I could try next?

3 hours ago, david_be_good said:

I have been experiencing "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" for one shared note.  I can access this same note from my iPhone Evernote application, but not Evernote on my MacBook Pro.  I can access all other shared documents except for this single document.  I tried installing Mac 7.14 Beta 1 and I'm getting the same results -- still getting the "Note is unavailable. Make sure you are online" on my MacBook Pro.  Any suggestions of what I could try next?

Thanks your feedback? Can you provide me your activity logs and the note title you're reproducing this via direct message? You can generate an activity log by going to Help > Activity log and saving the file. 

Also just to confirm, is this a note you shared to someone, or a note you're trying to join from another user?

Thank you! 

• 4 months later...

Any news or ETA about the new editor coming to MacOS? I'm attending the beta just for this and stay with Evernote because of this hope to get a better editor soon! I hope the Evernote editor experience is unified soon on all platforms, this has real potential.

Best, Michael

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very confusing now, 7.14 version is that the production version?  And the Preview version is 6.10.1?  Because it installed a green icon, I had 3 green icon's my original I guess and I can still open preview.  I do see my original version is now 7.14.  Ok I guess I'm on the right versions for beta.  

Weird, when I downloaded the DMG yesterday it must have taken me to the production download and I assumed it was the preview. You are correct 6.10.1 is the Preview and 7.14 is the production version. I was mixed up. sorry for the confusion.