Sign in to follow this  
Torley

mac (Archived) How to store raw HTML in Evernote without it being stripped?

I had an unpleasant discovery recently when I pasted some raw HTML (Flash embed code, among other things) into Evernote (using it like a web pastebin) and came back later, only to see sync errors and that the notes had been destroyed with stuff highlighted in red like "error on line 1 at column 350: Failed to parse QName 'http:".

I was hoping to use Evernote as a unified solution for my reusable HTML code clippings, but don't understand why it does this — is there a workaround or way to tell Evernote to leave pasted HTML code as is?

Here's an example, try pasting this into a note, clicking on another note, and clicking back on the first note:

[url="http://music.torley.com/album/dream-journal-2"]100 - Xyclones by Torley[/url]

It ends up looking like this:

00000411.png

As a temporary workaround, you should be able to wrap your HTML in double quotes; at least it was preserved after sync'ing when I tried your selection.

~Jeff

This bug was introduced in the last release during an attempt to fix a different text handling problem. Both bugs are now fixed for the next release.

Thanks

This bug was introduced in the last release during an attempt to fix a different text handling problem. Both bugs are now fixed for the next release.

What I call the Rubik's Cube effect...

~Jeff

I'd like to point out that it's not everyday where someone can successfully work a little Robert Burns into a discussion of HTML parsing....

Put THAT into your Tam o' Shanter! :)

Was it Aristotle who said: Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I can ***** up your code, too.

~Jeff

Thanks

Seems like this is still an issue in Version 1.11.0 (99371).

I simply had typed several domain names in a row and I'm getting this error and it's truncating my text. How do I get my note back?