Search Shared NoteBook on Basic Version.

Hi, I'm new to Evernote and was evaluating the Basic windows installation of Evernote Web v5.26.0.

I generated two users and created new notebooks just with a couple of notes on each. I shared each users notebook to the other user.  However when I search I can't see the content of the shared notebook - is this just a limitation of the basic use or am I misusing it?

Many Thanks.

Hi, I'm new to Evernote and was evaluating the Basic windows installation of Evernote Web v5.26.0.

I generated two users and created new notebooks just with a couple of notes on each. I shared each users notebook to the other user.  However when I search I can't see the content of the shared notebook - is this just a limitation of the basic use or am I misusing it?

Many Thanks.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I didn't even know we could see version numbers for the web app...  where do you see that?  I also don't understand how you 'generated two users' - one account = one user,  unless you're an Admin on a Business account??

• Level 5*
On 12/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, Delta22 said:

However when I search I can't see the content of the shared notebook - is this just a limitation of the basic use or am I misusing it?

Just tested on my Mac with my Basic account; I can search shared notebooks by text or tag

Might be web limitation

Still struggling with this if anyone can advise...  Basically I created two users using separate gmail addresses. Then shared each users notebook to the other user.  Each user could see the others notebook, but when I tried to search it didn't show search results from the shared notebook?  Am I misusing it, or is this a limitation of the basic license?   Thanks.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Delta22 said:

Still struggling with this if anyone can advise...  Basically I created two users using separate gmail addresses. Then shared each users notebook to the other user.  Each user could see the others notebook, but when I tried to search it didn't show search results from the shared notebook?  Am I misusing it, or is this a limitation of the basic license?   Thanks.

Sorry - we sidetracked ourselves from your query.  Basic users get full access to most features - subscribing doesn't unlock more than higher limits and additional levels of OCR.  One web app however is a beta version without full functionality - if you check in Settings you may be able to step 'back' to previous versions which could help.  I've not had any complaints that notebooks I've shared have been unsearchable,  but I tend to set them up for 'easy' navigation using Tables of Content*.  You might also be able to do the same with searches saved as shortcuts.

*  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005667