Bring back previous Evernote WebClipper

neogenisis2

Idea

Bringing back the previous webclipper is key for the Evernote app's survival. Without a useful webclipper, which the new one is not. Since November 2019-ish: The new WebClipper is really horrible. I've watched the video, read the directions, tread tips and tricks, tried it on Safari and Firefox and with various sites, yet it's really, really useless. Sometimes it doesn't even work.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

???

It seems (because you mention Safari) that you refer to the web Clipper on a Mac.

Just to get a better feeling of what you mean: Could you be more specific than „horrible“, „useless“ and „does not work“ ? These are evaluations, not a description.

To add my perspective: I used to use WebClipper with Safari on my Mac, and on Firefox with Windows 10. After the forced update to Safari 13, I switched for a while to Firefox on the Mac as well, upgraded to Catalina, and am now back to Safari + Webclipper after EN released the fix.

Except the month in which Webclipper was not available for Safari, clipping on the Windows PC and on the Mac works pretty similar, produces pretty similar notes in EN, and I use it intermittently depending on the computer I am on when I want to clip something.

From my experience you might rather need to get a support ticket going than opening a new „improvement“ thread in the forum.

Thank you for your response. I've been using EvernoteClipper on firefox for years. I tried using Safari when it wouldn't work on Firefox. It's doing, or rather not doing a variety of things, none of which are helpful.  Sometimes it simply won't work, or it's got these cross-hair, drag to define your clipping window, but nothing goes to my Evernote account...etc.

Does it look and work like it did before this change a few weeks ago when after Catalina was installed? Or was it an upgrade? or both?

I'll get a support ticket, thank you.

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, neogenisis2 said:

Does it look and work like it did before this change a few weeks ago when after Catalina was installed? Or was it an upgrade? or both?

The previous web clipper became obsolete with the Catalina upgrade

You could contact Evernote support about your issues (https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action)

• Level 5

What you have described now look like an access problem. Make sure you allowed all necessary options in the settings. Catalina restricts access much more than the prior OSXes.

Open Safari, go to settings, security/privacy (have the german OS, so can’t tell), and check the mark(s) shown with WebClipper and Evernote - any you find when scrolling down. Do the same in the Maćs settings (Apple menu, system settings), Security & Privacy. And if you use it, Firefox settings as well.

Then it should work, maybe after a restart.