Exporting ALL Notes from a Notebook into a PDF

I have the need to export ALL notes from a couple of notebooks into a PDF, that retains the outline format (readable), etc.  I don't see a way to accomplish this.   I see that we can export notes into *.enex, but I'm not sure what we can do with that file otherwise.

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, Gump said:

I see that we can export notes into *.enex, but I'm not sure what we can do with that file otherwise.

.enex is Evernote's format for export/import   
.html is an option, the data is readable by a browser app

>>ALL notes from a couple of notebooks into a PDF
You can use print-to-pdf 
This may have problems when notes have attachments; for example a spreadsheet file or pdf file

I don't have any attachments, thankfully.   I just would have assumed that Evernote would have an export-to-PDF option, as it's so prevalent today.   I guess I'll have to try the HTML route.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Gump said:

The export to HTML isn't very helpful, as it splits them all into individual *.html files.

As @DTLow suggested, try PRINT to PDF.

Select all of the Notes, then File > Print.  This will print each Note to a separate PDF file.  Fortunately there are tools that will merge all of these PDF files into one PDF.

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2019 at 10:56 PM, JMichaelTX said:

As @DTLow suggested, try PRINT to PDF.

Select all of the Notes, then File > Print.  This will print each Note to a separate PDF file.  Fortunately there are tools that will merge all of these PDF files into one PDF.

This does not work anymore. It used to work, like so many other features, but now it doesn't. If I select multiple notes => print => Save as PDF, I get one file called untitled.pdf with one note in it. The others have never been created or overwritten, but are not there. 

It's truly very irritating, as this type of feature is a no-brainer.  Frankly, as a paying customer, I want to see more development and enhancement of this platform -- it's been stale for a while.    Implementing this feature should be fairly straightforward.  Alas.

I have a macbook pro running Catalina. Evernote 7.14 (458265 App Store). 

I'm doing "cmd + P" > "PDF" dropdown menu > "Save as PDF"

In the past this produced X number of pdf files for X number of notes. Now just the one.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Gump said:

Implementing this feature should be fairly straightforward.  Alas.

There is a feature request linked below
You're welcome to indicate your support fot this feature using the vote button at the top left corner

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Zawen said:

This does not work anymore. It used to work, like so many other features, but now it doesn't. If I select multiple notes => print => Save as PDF, I get one file called untitled.pdf with one note in it. The others have never been created or overwritten, but are not there. 

On my Mac, I selected 6 notes and ended up with 6 pdfs1120377949_ScreenShot2020-02-09at3_04_32PM.png.23a9b003430467acd57f8340a652d43f.png
The filenames are wrong; picked up from the first note (Photo)

Is your one pdf getting overwritten with each pdf?

We "should" be able to say "export this entire notebook into ONE PDF" and have it do just that.  With neat, correct formatting -- perhaps even with some customized formatting options.

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, Gump said:

We "should" be able to ....

You are mistaken - this feature is not supported in Evernote

This discussion is addressing technical issues     
 If you wish to indicate your support for a feature request, go to the post at  

On 2/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, DTLow said:

On my Mac, I selected 6 notes and ended up with 6 pdfs1120377949_ScreenShot2020-02-09at3_04_32PM.png.23a9b003430467acd57f8340a652d43f.png
The filenames are wrong; picked up from the first note (Photo)

Is your one pdf getting overwritten with each pdf?

Doesn't work here. I tried a couple of different scenarios:

• With single page notes, Evernote prints one and then gives an error message
  • With multi-page notes, it shows the correct number of print dialogs, but only gives one single file in the end

This program has gotten so bad, it's depressing...

(the scaling of scanned documents is also completely messed up now I just noticed. Evernote will scale a small receipt to match page width, stretching it over 4 pages in pdf... I'm just about done with this thing to be honest) 

• Level 5

IMHO a classic circle conclusion:

1. I assume something should work, something specific, like „I need to print all notes in a notebook, without any work for me, neat and nice, etc.“
  2. Then I declare this special wish as a no-brainer, only stupid programmers don’t know how to etc.
  3. Then I realize it is not working the way I want
  4. Conclusion: The world is against me, especially this bad, mean-wishing company etc., and I will swear sulfur and fire on their heads for their deceitful marketing messages telling me I could use this program etc.

My conclusion: I am another user, obviously stupid enough to continue with this mess of a program. And no, I will now not dedicate part of what is left of my Sunday to try to help on this. Good luck !

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Zawen said:

With single page notes, Evernote prints one and then gives an error message

And you don't think it's important to share the contents of the error message   
         edit: "An error has occured"   agree - it's not useful
or which device/platform you're using   edit: Mac

--the scaling of scanned documents is also completely messed up now

Off topic - post a new message topic

59 minutes ago, DTLow said:

And you don't think it's important to share the contents of the error message

I would have if it would have been in any way useful. For the interested: "An error has occured" 

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

or which device/platform you're using

I did, in my previous post

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

--the scaling of scanned documents is also completely messed up now

Off topic - post a new message topic

You're probably right, it's just another bug that's entered the same printing flow.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

IMHO a classic circle conclusion:

1. I assume something should work, something specific, like „I need to print all notes in a notebook, without any work for me, neat and nice, etc.“
  2. Then I declare this special wish as a no-brainer, only stupid programmers don’t know how to etc.
  3. Then I realize it is not working the way I want
  4. Conclusion: The world is against me, especially this bad, mean-wishing company etc., and I will swear sulfur and fire on their heads for their deceitful marketing messages telling me I could use this program etc.

My conclusion: I am another user, obviously stupid enough to continue with this mess of a program. And no, I will now not dedicate part of what is left of my Sunday to try to help on this. Good luck !

Not sure where this suddenly comes from. Is this really necessary? Feels like we're two posts away from Godwin's law.

Nevertheless, I assume you refer to "circular reasoning"? How exactly do your 4 steps constitute a circular reasoning? And how would this be relevant to this thread? Did you pick up along the way that these are all features that once worked, and are part of many people's workstreams? That this piece of software is actually devolving, and that such incompetence is unacceptable for paying software? That for a database tool, being able to get things in and out is actually a pretty core function? That it's not correct that users need to come up with more and more elaborate workarounds to do the things that they at one time (when they took the premium subscription) could actually just do?

But honestly, guys, never mind. It's admirable that you try to help other users. You shouldn't be responsible though for solving bugs, that's what we're paying the company for.

• Level 5*

FWIW, still works on Windows either through an option on the File menu or through the print option and choosing PDF in the Printer selection window.  There are some Printing choices under Tools - Options.  Nothing to do with separate PDFs though.  Any similar options on the Mac?

Image.png.c67fd76c9f2b9b776174415c91bb211a.png

6 hours ago, CalS said:

Any similar options on the Mac?

I don't think so. I don't even see a standalone "Printing" section under the preferences screen on macOS. Here are the categories, if you're interested:2044626673_ScreenShot2020-02-16at9_32_08PM.thumb.png.e2e3bc4f7a0492f15e08ce93cfc4367a.png

That being said, I'm not having any issues printing multiple notes to PDF. When I select multiple notes, I can go File > Print Notes (or hit ⌘P). I'm prompted to enter a filename, and then I can save the file to PDF like I would any other document. Each individual note is printed as a separate PDF, as others have noted, and mine all used the same naming convention that I entered as a filename (with numbers appended to the end). To my surprise, even my attachments were printed as separate PDFs. My experience matches my expectations.

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5

No issue, really (MacOS Catalina, latest EN) to make one big file out of these :

1. 1) Select all notes wanted for export
  2. 2) Choose "Print Note", Choose "PDF", choose save as pdf. Best way is to a new folder, because it will generate several pdf files, one for each note, same file name, numbered. Attachments will be integrated into the pdf file of each note, so it can be quite long depending on the attachments.
  3. 3) Go to the finder, go to the folder, choose all. Right click on the files, choose "Quick actions" from the pop up menu, choose "Create pdf"
  4. 4) The action will create one huge pdf file from the individual notes files.
  5. 5) For retouching it, I use PDF Expert which is able to manipulate PDFs in many ways. Any other PDF editor should do as well.

If I needed it more often (which I don't), I would probably create an Automator action to run it with a click of the mouse.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I use Evernote Premium and want to get some documents out of it in PDF format [which is, I think, how they went in]. - I'm on a Mac [Mojave] and am using Evernote 10.4.4 and have web access as well == I selected a notebook [1124 items] and exported it but it came out in the enex format for Evernote == I want to export as PDF - when I went to the web Evernote I could not select multiple items = but could Print to PDF one by one, which is silly.  

How do I export/print/save/etc documents from Evernote, either on web or in my computer based Evernote, ???  Hopefully not one by one.

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, VictoriaJZ2 said:

out of it in PDF format [which is, I think, how they went in].

If these are pdf attachments, select the notes, then File > Save Attachments1220499591_ScreenShot2020-12-13at14_36_34.png.afb3e29c35b58823b69a0e3b9c1bd5ed.png

Screenshot is from my Mac, Evernote Legacy product

>>I selected a notebook [1124 items] and exported it but it came out in the enex format for Evernote

The export feature only supports two formats: enex and html   
This gives you an easier problem; convert html file to pdf

I am using Mojave on Mac and have tried with both the current ver 10 of Evernote and also the Evenote Legacy version - ver. 7 = in neither case does Print to PDF work == I can do it one by one, but not more than that == and when I try the Pdf that it results in is tiny and unreadable.  Is there any way to get documents out of Evernote?  I was able to export a notebook to an enex item but that's useless because it just can be 'read' by Evernote and nothing else == and the only converters I've found are for Windows.

Thank. you -- I didn't think they were 'attachments' but when I did the Save to Attachments in the Legacy version, although they were not full sized they were better and did save = and I was able to do it for more than one at a time == that's a help. == I'll work with it a bit more == We're talking about quite a number of documents == ScanSanp scanned and then brought into Evernote = so hope I can figure out a way to do multiple exports/saves etc.