Convert Case Options! UPPER CASE | Capitalise Case | lower case etc

RavBoy

Idea

Love the existing text formatting options I have when using my EN Windows....  image.png.4813f6782a9ccb6a77ee39d77322ad10.png and now looking for a few further add-ons please.

I'm an ALL CAPS freak, especially to denote sub headings, and so many times I forget to turn-off the Caps-Lock button on my keyboard, only to lookup at my screen after entering a line, or many lines of text, and finding I have used the wrong case-type!  At these times I turn to a small PC-installed utility-tool from www.convertcase.net 

App options include:

image.png.cdd5998ac40a6bd29a90a4269bcd41c1.png

I simply paste the incorrectly formatted case/text, click the desired case button, copy again, then paste back to EN, and wolla. 

But what would be great would be if a button on EN menu allowed for the same thing... so 3 more options please:

1. UPPER CASE
  2. Capitalise Case
  3. lower case

Many thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 replies to this idea

7 hours ago, CalS said:

not a big ee cummings fan then

My literary skills are, well, lacking.  Had to look him up.  But I can relate to him saying "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."  Now, where's your two thumbs up on my feature request?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, RavBoy said:

My literary skills are, well, lacking.  Had to look him up.  But I can relate to him saying "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."  Now, where's your two thumbs up on my feature request?

Sorry to say this enhancement is not on my radar.  Do sideways thumbs count?  Lotsa luck.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Not really my thing

Just remember it's Xmas, be giving and 'just do it', click up-vote, for me please, or just do it for President Trump "You got to give me a big win, please, O.K" 😉

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, CalS said:

How about 🤷‍♂️, easier to type :shr.....

Too small for my "OK, Boomer" eyes -- looks like an angel to me, actually until I zoom way in. :whatevs:

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Nice idea, but I think it is typical for extending EN into the hunting grounds of other programs. Each of these features could be done, but in the end the clean editing interface of EN would look like MS WORD. Why is WORD looking as it is ? Because it offers all type of special editing, with menus and ribbons with buttons full of options.

Personally I prefer the lean layout of the EN editor. If I need advanced options, I can always move to a full text processor, and copy/past the result, or place it as an embedded attachment into EN.

I love this idea! I'm just starting to use a Rocketbook reusable notebook and when I write, it's always in all uppercase letters. Now my converted OCR notes in Evernote always look like I'm screaming. 🙄 I'm new to this forum so am happy to "upvote" or support this however I can. 

On 11/25/2019 at 4:57 PM, RavBoy said:

At these times I turn to a small PC-installed utility-tool from www.convertcase.net 

App options include:

image.png.cdd5998ac40a6bd29a90a4269bcd41c1.png

I simply paste the incorrectly formatted case/text, click the desired case button, copy again, then paste back to EN, and wolla. 

But what would be great would be if a button on EN menu allowed for the same thing... so 3 more options please:

1. UPPER CASE
  2. Capitalise Case
  3. lower case

Many thanks

Also - I love the suggestion for convertcase.net as a stopgap. Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

This feature request has collected 2 votes since 2019. That is one vote every 2 years.

Dedicate valuable dev hours on this „hot“ topic ? I doubt it will even make it on the backlog.

If you permanently need to convert „the cases case“ of some text: Use another program. As you said, most text editors can help you out.

• Like 1