Note List changes from all notes after clicking note link

Hello, I think of this behavior as a bug:

When clicking a note link, the note list changes from "all notes" to the notebook where the target note is located.

I think expected behavior is to stay in "all notes". 

This of course is a problem when running a search and not realizing one is not searching all notebooks.

6:22.1 beta

test.gif

• Don Dz changed the title to Note List changes from all notes after clicking note link
  • Level 5

I just tested this with several notes, and found that in fact the view stayed in All Notes. Don't know what to say. Are you using the latest version? I'm not, and it could have changed. Or try the usual: File > Exit, or close EN processes from Task Manager, and restart.

38 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Are you using the latest version? I'm not, and it could have changed. Or try the usual: File > Exit, or close EN processes from Task Manager, and restart.

6:22.1 beta, as above. 

I have not yet been successful in getting support to understand what I am reporting so far, so just wanted to confirm if anyone else is seeing this.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I have not yet been successful in getting support to understand what I am reporting so far, so just wanted to confirm if anyone else is seeing this.

I see the same thing.  Sitting in all notes in all notes context, click on a link and the context changes to the notebook of the note.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Don Dz said:

When clicking a note link, the note list changes from "all notes" to the notebook where the target note is located.

7 hours ago, Don Dz said:

This of course is a problem

15 minutes ago, CalS said:

I see the same thing.  Sitting in all notes in all notes context, click on a link and the context changes to the notebook of the note.

I'm still on 6.18.4  and mine does not behave as you describe. My version stays in ALL Notes, however....

I would love to be directed, or land in the Notebook where the Note lives, when navigating to it from a link given in another note...that would be a BIG HELP for me so I'm a +1 Vote for this

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

I'm still on 6.18.4  and mine does not behave as you describe. My version stays in ALL Notes, however....

I would love to be directed, or land in the Notebook where the Note lives, when navigating to it from a link given in another note...that would be a BIG HELP for me so I'm a +1 Vote for this

I think this is one of those where some folks would like the context to change to the notebook of the target note, some would prefer to stay in All Notes.  If not in All Notes you kind of have to change the context, either to All Notes or the new notebook if the target note is another notebook.  It appears in this beta if you click on a link while in All Notes the context is going to change to the notebook.  Don't know if that is feature or bug...

• Level 5

Sounds to me like it might be a feature of the 6.22 beta, responding telepathically to @RavBoy's at-the-time-yet-unexpressed longing. I can see it working usefully either way, as Cal suggests. Curiously enough, in the older versions, if you're looking at a note in the context of its notebook and click on a link to a note that's in another notebook, the context switches to All Notes! That does seem undesirable.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 11/22/2019 at 4:31 PM, Don Dz said:

I see this, too, in the brand new 6.22.3.8816 (308816) beta. Not sure that I would have classified that as a bug, though -- could go either way. I can use the back button (Alt_ArrowLeft) to get to where I was before (All Notes in the note I linked from), which I like.