Ideas for editing tables

Hello,

I love tables, but I don't really love them in Evernote. Here are my ideas:

- For adding a new row, I have to rightclick, move the mouse arrow onto the menu and choose new row. Can you please add the function that I can press an underlined letter instead? Especially for adding several rowes that would really save time.
- I'd love to merge all fields of one row into a single one - for adding kind of headlines. The function is there, cause I see it when copying tables from websites into evernote - but I'm missing a way to create them on my own
- If, via copy+paste, I have 2 tables with the same amount of rows, how to I make them into one? It's quite a pain to copy all the contents bit by bit. Or can they at least have a fixed row width? Two tables with the same structure, but different widths, are hard to compare. It would be great if there was any way to solve this.

Thanks for listening,
Saran-na

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, saran-na said:

- For adding a new row, I have to rightclick, move the mouse arrow onto the menu and choose new row. Can you please add the function that I can press an underlined letter instead? Especially for adding several rowes that would really save time.

If you go to the last character in the last column of a table. pressing the Tab key should add a new row.

8 hours ago, saran-na said:

- If, via copy+paste, I have 2 tables with the same amount of rows, how to I make them into one? It's quite a pain to copy all the contents bit by bit. Or can they at least have a fixed row width? Two tables with the same structure, but different widths, are hard to compare. It would be great if there was any way to solve this.

Not quite what you're asking for, but (based on some simple testing) if you add a new column, then you should be able to copy the other table and paste it into the first new empty cell, and the old table will be pasted in as if it were appended to the right if the original table.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, jefito said:

If you go to the last character in the last column of a table. pressing the Tab key should add a new row.

Thank you, jefito! Not perfectly what I was looking for, as I often add rows in the middle, but nonetheless a great time saver!

On 11/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, jefito said:

Not quite what you're asking for, but (based on some simple testing) if you add a new column, then you should be able to copy the other table and paste it into the first new empty cell, and the old table will be pasted in as if it were appended to the right if the original table.

Thanks a lot, works perfectly!

Wishing you a wonderful december!

Archived