WEB CLIPPER NOT WORKING ON SAFARI OR CHROME

I've tried going to Safari Extension and adding Evernote.  However, this does not fix the problem.  Every time I go to clip, the clipper just posts a picture of the wall paper on my desk top versus the content I'm trying to clip from an email for website.  Please advise.  I am running Catalina version 10.15.1  Thanks!  

• Level 5

Web Clipper (as all other apps under Catalina) needs to be authorized in the Mac's settings and in the Browsers:

Settings - security - privacy, then authorize all EN and WebClipper items. Then the same with Safari settings - extensions. For Chrome I do not know where to find the settings, because I do not use it.

That done Web Clipper (and all other EN apps like Helper and Skitch) work fine under Catalina, be it Safari or Firefox.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Recently I had a Problem with then AppStore as well (Catalina 10.15.1). The Updates started, when the „circle“ of the fastest one reached „one minute before 12“, all downloads stopped, and could not be reactivated again. This had nothing to do with EN, it was the download of the most recent release of Numbers, Pages and Keynote. After restarting, it was back to „Update“, but stopped again.

Since I have Apple Care+, I called and was handled through to second level support pretty fast. IMHO this means there is a problem Apple support is aware of. They came onscreen and talked me trough a series of steps, which I can not easily replicate. To sum it up: I have 3 users on my MBP, usually I work with a non-admin user, the 2 others are admins, but not often used. Basically it was getting all 3 out of iCloud, restarting each one, setting the memory back (some key combination on restart) and then reactivate iCloud, using one of the admins to run AppStore and update.

The Web Clipper is broken now on both Chrome and Safari. It is a pain to capture web content now using it. Non full screen and Narrow content captured, double images, extra non-main sections captured. Unusable now. Must I really go back to highlighting text and images (some complex builds) to capture to my notes?  A major hit to my workflow.

• Level 5

When as a kid we refused to eat our dishes, our mother said „Eat, or it will rain tomorrow“ !

Did you refuse to eat your plate recently ? Because for some (like me) it works, for others not.

Instead of complaining with a lot of words and emotion, but nearly bare of useful information, maybe issue a support ticket. I can assure you from my personal experience (MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.1, latest Safari and EN, no betas) that there is at least one working installation under the sun - mine ! And probably there are many more, so if yours is not doing as expected, there should be a reason, and a fix for it.

Here Pink, you try to get a better result using this link. I'm using Chrome (latest Safari does the same) and EN Web Clipper of late. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/opinion/editorials/trump-gallagher-pardon-war-crimes.html

Issues: Non-full screen width content, Double Title, Double Images, the word :"Image" extraneous webpage sections included. No wysiwyg images (complex builds blown apart). It would be nice if it captured those images.  

Others here have noted the same issue. It is broken. It was better before. Safari was the last to get worse. 

image.thumb.png.d66fa1ad62d6a488d697a4f7612655cd.png

PinkElephant: thanks for sharing your similar story. In my case, all my other updates are working fine; it's only the Web Clipper that is doing this Groundhog Day thing. And I only have one user on my laptop. I did recently buy a second laptop, but since all my other apps are updating without a problem, this would appear to be an Evernote issue. Unless I'm missing something? Thanks again for your help.

• Level 5

Frankly I have no idea - and should I when WebClipper works as it should ? I was touched by the same problem as everybody when Apple force-released Safari 13 in September. As a work around, I used Firefox more than before on my Mac (FF is my standard browser on my Win10-PC, I had it on my Mac as well, but rarely used it). There WebClipper was never defunct. I installed WC as Safari Extension when the new release came, set the privacy stuff in the settings, and it worked fine from the start. Got the new release then, thumbs up on this as well.

The Update Problem I face IMHO is related to try to unlock an install with my Apple Watch, whenever I am logged in with my non-Admin-account. I will go back to Apple support on this - maybe it is as it is, but I want to know. When trying a few things today, AppStore again got stuck on an install, and again it had nothing to do with EN. With my admin account, it went through later on.

I left an inquiry on the Apple discussions forum and was advised to re-start in Safe Mode.

I re-started in safe mode, opened the App Store, and it said that all my apps are up to date. Then I re-started again, went back to the App Store, and again it says that all my apps are up to date.

Problem solved!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1