Where to get Skitch 2.8.4

12 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

2.8.1 seems to be the latest version for the Mac.

The "4" probably was a typo.

I thought that as well. However, on my personal MacBook I have 2.8.4 and on my work MacBook I have 2.8.1... Willing to take a screenshot. One has full Dark Mode one doesn't. Crazy huh

14 minutes ago, Terminal said:

I thought that as well. However, on my personal MacBook I have 2.8.4 and on my work MacBook I have 2.8.1... Willing to take a screenshot. One has full Dark Mode one doesn't. Crazy huh

You are correct that 2.8.4 is the latest version. That's what I'm running and it has the dark mode feature that you mentioned.

image.pngClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

The only thing I can think of it that it just hasn't been updated on the work computer or the version of macOS can't be upgraded to support the newer version.

• Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

You are correct that 2.8.4 is the latest version. That's what I'm running and it has the dark mode feature that you mentioned.

image.pngClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

The only thing I can think of it that it just hasn't been updated on the work computer or the version of macOS can't be upgraded to support the newer version.

Hmm, I'll confirm OS X Versions across my MacBooks and check if that is the issue.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Weird - one should think that you get the most recent version with the most recent OS.

I am running 10.15.1 (Catalina), have Skitch 2.8.1 and it does tell me this is the latest available version. MacUpdate does not find a newer version neither.

Let us see how this turns out ...

@Terminal @PinkElephant I think I figured it out.

Go in and check the App Store to see if you have it downloaded from there or not. I just checked and my install is from the Mac App Store and it's the most recent version with dark mode. I then went and checked the direct download from the Evernote website and it's the 2.8.1 version. So it looks like the direct download hasn't been updated yet.

• Level 5

O.K. Seems EN release management is a bit off the road at the moment.

Since running into problems with the sandboxed execution when installing from the AppStore, I always take the direct install instead of the AppStore.

@Shane D. Hello Shane, could you look into this matter. I would expect the EN website and the AppStore to be loaded simultaneously with the most recent release.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Nick L. Seeing as @Shane D. hasn't chimed in and you seem active on the forums. Can you please look into this and get it resolved? I manage most apps through homebrew. And because you have two different versions, 1 on Evernote 1 on app store. I am forced to use the App Store version to have the latest. 

No offense, but this type of discrepancy, for this long, is a bit embarrassing. Product deployment is well, an essential part of development. 

• Like 1