Context makes opening notes much slower

It takes much more time to open a note with "show context" option checked. I found several threads in the forum have mentioned this problem. Why this problem still occurs after such a long time?

• Level 5

Welcome to the forums. I would presume that this happens because Context (as I understand it) requires contacting multiple other services and seeking information from them; and of course their speed of operation is out of Evernote's control. If you're having serious problems with a specific service, since you're a Premium subscriber it might be worth opening a support ticket: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.

• Level 5

Because it is braking down performance (even on a very fast Internet connection) and is a draw on my mobile data volume, I have disabled this function.

It may be nice to use on a stationary setting like on a desktop in the office, but if you use EN a lot while on the fly, I don't think the gain is worth the hassle.

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Doge said:

It takes much more time to open a note with "show context" option checked. I found several threads in the forum have mentioned this problem. Why this problem still occurs after such a long time?

Computer does more work it takes more time.  If you get value from context it could be worth it.  Not much value in my use case so I turned it off.  🤷‍♂️