Android Evernote Camera Note Suggestion

Joseph Gray Wolf

Idea

I would like to suggest that, in future iterations of Evernote for Android, the new note by camera function will have the option of having the camera wait for a press of the shutter rather than automatically snapping multiple pictures as quickly as it does now. (I am using a Samsung Note 10+.) I use CamScanner for most of my scanning (and would like CamScanner to be an option if I have deslected the built-in scanning function), but I really like the built-in Evernote scanner for business cards. Unfortunately, about 50 percent of the time, when I select the option for the built-in scanner, my phone snaps multiple images of the cards, my leg, my coffee cup, etc. when I only want to scan a single card. Thanks.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Your camera should already have a manual option - try the little square icon in the top right of your screen.  You can focus and take a single picture as required. 

If you weren't already aware of it,  you might want to take a closer look into some publicity which CamScanner attracted earlier this year - Kaspersky Antivirus labs found malware in some installations.  A search for "camscanner kaspersky" (without the quotes) should give you the background...