Search box has dark grey background but should be light

On the Evernote desktop app for Mac, the background color of my search box is dark grey, the text color is black, so I can hardly read anything in there (see screnshot).  The rest of the app is normal (light color scheme). It stays the same regardless of my Mac's General settings (light mode, dark mode, or auto).

1807877573_Screenshot2019-11-09at13_17_16.png.acc4904f72b0f32968261dccd7ea9526.png

To be more precise: at first everything is normal, so when I give focus to the search box by pressing cmd+option+f it has the normal/expected (light) color scheme, but as soon as I type the first character of a search term the background color changes to dark grey while the text color stays black. It stays like this until I leave and re-enter the search box, but turns dark again with the first character I type into the search box.

Any idea what to do about it?

I'm using the Mac desktop app Version 7.13 (458080 Direct) on macOS 10.15.1 (19B88)

Screenshot 2019-11-09 at 13.17.16.png

This was the reply from tech support...

Please make sure that you're not using multiple Apps at the same time as it is taking up space on your ROM that may affect the App performance.

If the issue persisted, please restart your device. This will refresh your device hardware and software.

Thanks guys for sharing what you've learned 👍 

Restarting Evernote did the trick for now, we'll see if it's a recurring problem or not.

As for this reply from tech support that @ROGELAX forwarded ...

15 hours ago, ROGELAX said:

This was the reply from tech support...

Please make sure that you're not using multiple Apps at the same time

... I think it's ridiculous that Evernote's tech support give advice from the early nineties (pre-multitasking).