Collaborative Sensemaking

Mark Levison

Idea

Many people use Evernote as a dumping ground for ideas and information.

A struggle we sometimes have is turning that information into useful actionable and retrievable knowledge. Tags help but only in so far as one person implements them.

As Evernote is updated and improved please consider something along the lines of: http://results.learning-layers.eu/scenarios/ - this tool takes much of what is already done to the next level.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mark Levison said:

A struggle we sometimes have is turning that information into useful actionable and retrievable knowledge.

I'm trying to understand how this relates to my notes/documents stored in Evernote

I think Evernote has the "retrievable" part covered.   
I address the "actionable" part using the Reminder feature

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Mark Levison said:

As Evernote is updated and improved please consider something along the lines of: http://results.learning-layers.eu/scenarios/ - this tool takes much of what is already done to the next level.

Thanks for sharing.  This is very interesting.

Given that Evernote is a low-end, inexpensive, personal information manager, it seems unlikely that Evernote (the company) would add that to Evernote (the product).

However, it might make a great add-on or "pro" app for those who need that level of information analysis, and or willing to pay for it.

Unfortunately, Evernote has been struggling for years to produce a solid, stable, near-bug-free app that works consistently across its platforms.  That's what the current CEO Ian Little is focused on now, and I really hope he succeeds soon.

• Level 5*
On 11/8/2019 at 3:38 PM, JMichaelTX said:

low-end, inexpensive, personal information manager ... it might make a great add-on or "pro" app

I agree with "personal information manager"
but question  "low-end" and "inexpensive"   (ok, the apps are free)

Evernote itself is a generic filing cabinet, but incorporates extensive data retrieval features with notebook/tags, search, ocr, ...  
On top of that, Evernote provides APIs that allow access to our data for the third party "add-on"   
I use the Applescript APIs (Mac) to supplement the Evernote features with scripting

I'm still struggling to  understand "Collaborative Sensemaking" with my data