New Notebook left button

ankitbgm

Idea

Hi, 

I' ve recently started using Evernote and've getting used to it. But it needs some more intuitive interface. A button to create a new notebook, not NOTE should be present in the left hand tool bar. See Below. Please consider it a earnest request.

image.png.88c537fed3c4f022b6cb20afee0a8870.png

Thanks

Ankit

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

You didn't say which Evernote client you are using, but nn the Windows client, if you hover over the "Notebooks" item, you see a '+' appear that, when clicked on, allows you to create a new notebook.

• Level 5*
On 11/1/2019 at 5:43 PM, ankitbgm said:

A button to create a new notebook, not NOTE should be present in the left hand tool bar.

I moved your request to the Feature Request forum

imho  The focus in this product is Notes.  It's in the name
          A New Note button is required

I guess they could add a New Notebook button; and a New Tag button, and ....

I'm not a big notebook user;
On my Mac, I access the Notebook page for functions like New Notebook1530787807_ScreenShot2019-11-05at12_08_54.png.aa8a8df93ed69dc555298bf9bcd819dc.png
It's also an option in the File menu
1809163953_ScreenShot2019-11-05at12_22_19.png.e4f74fff394c005baba2ef3225ee0aca.png

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, ankitbgm said:

@jefito Thanks for your response. However no such such '+' sign appear when I hover on notebooks. Note that, I tried this both in beta as well as classic editor. 

All that means is that you're using the web version, in which case I'll move it to a more appropriate forum.

Completely agree - it's a pain to have to go to the Notebooks view and click New Notebook, rather than either being able to create a new notebook from within a stack or at least from the + button.