(Archived) Text recognition takes literally forever

I'm new to EN and am seriously considering subscribing.

I do have a question about text recognition.

How long does it take for EN to make the text in images searchable for both free and paid accounts?

I am using a free account and I never can search the text in my images, despite observing obvious rules like waiting, synching, and taking good quality images. After 18 hours I'm still waiting.

Btw, I'm using iPhone4, does it matter?

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you need any extra information.

My experience is that OCR is finished in seconds, sometimes a couple minutes.

Premium users get priority on the OCR process.

I have to say, that i'm getting the same results with my free account. My 300 dpi scans are mostly done within a minute or so. I never waited more than 10 minutes at most, even with very large and complex images.

It depends on the size of the queue of images waiting to be processed in the EN servers.

Sometimes as a premium user I have to wait for a little while, but it usually isn't a problem. Searching for text in notes you've only just added isn't a use case I have ever found myself needing. You can sort your notes by creation date, modification date etc to see the recent notes.

The recognition queues have actually been pretty short for everyone in the last week or two. We added a ton more memory into our recognition boxes and started getting twice as much work done on each box.

Even Free users should see results within 10-15 minutes. But remember that you need to Sync your client after the recognition is completed before you'll be able to search on the client.

Archived