Notes not showing up

Go to solution Solved by Scott T.,

I've logged into Evernote on Safari 12.1.2 for Mac for the first time in a long time.  I logged in, got a notice about the beta program, closed it, and my first note started to load.  I got an error message immediately (attached).  I kept trying to reload, but it just kept re-opening the notice.  Finally I logged out and tried again.  This time I got the beta note, closed it, and my notes started to load.  I can see the left menu panel, and the center All Notes panel, but nothing will load in the far right panel.  In other words, I can't see the actual notes and editor.

It's strange to me that I can't notify support of a bug unless I have a premium membership!?!

I hope this gets someone's attention who can fix the issue.

image.thumb.png.5182c75361aade5806468868f2f4391b.png

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I haven't experienced this myself, but there have been many reports here of notes failing to load in the new/beta version of the Web interface to Evernote. I believe that if you click on your account name at the top left, a list of options will drop down, including "Switch to previous version of Evernote." Give that a try, and hopefully it will work properly.

Just WRT support only for Premium members ... well, support costs money, even receiving bug reports, and Premium subscriptions are paid ones. But I believe there is an Evernote support account on Twitter that you might be able to access.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ***oslo*** said:

Evernote on Safari 12.1.2 for Mac

Moved to the web forum

Answered above; downgrade to the stable version

All accounts have access to support at Twitter @evernotehelps 

• 1 month later...

For some reason it only shows my notes created before OCT 17. any note i created after does not show up anymore. I have logged out, cleared my cache etc... and nothing. Now if I clip that same note from the web...it miraculously shows up until I close the tab.

Also weirdly my evernote logs me out when i hit this support page. 

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, jonnyb said:

For some reason it only shows my notes created before OCT 17. any note i created after does not show up anymore. I have logged out, cleared my cache etc... and nothing. Now if I clip that same note from the web...it miraculously shows up until I close the tab.

If you're using the "New" version, you  could try downgrading

>>Also weirdly my evernote logs me out when i hit this support page. 

https://discussion.evernote.com/announcement/72-issues-accessing-evernote-support-channels/

the one on the RIGHT is an incognito window...all my notes show up including dupes i made because i thought they weren't saving

the one on the LEFT is my current window...of which i have logged out and in multiple times. MISSING notes etc. 

I will try right now to see if it's a cache issue.

• Ex Employees
  • Solution

@jonnyb Glad to hear clearing cache worked for you. The web client maintains state in the browser so that if you leave and come back, you don't have to sync down all your notes again. But in rare cases it's possible it can get into a weird state. The team is definitely aware and working to fix these kinds of issues. There's a major improvement coming in the future to how syncing will work and I'm pretty sure it will hopefully address a lot of this.

• 1 month later...

I was able to login successfully, but only the webpage title was showing in chrome tab (with the name of the most recently editted note), nothing showed up in the web body. 

I've checked both home and work network, and with Chrome/Edge/IE and Android Chrome. They all have exactly the same issue. 

Is there any ongoing maintainence in the backend? Thanks for any help!