Error: No app available on the device to open this file type

JenB

Idea

Recently, I've been unable to open pdf files saved in Evernote. I receive the above error message even though I do have Adobe Acrobat installed on the device and I am able to open pdf files outside of Evernote. 
Have there been any recent updates that could have affected my ability to open pdf files? 

• Like 1

5 replies to this idea

I just got off with Evernote support as I'm having the same issue.  After some troubleshooting, it looks like Evernote and Adobe Acrobat are not playing well with each other at the moment.  Upon advice from Jonathan in Support (SUPER helpful) I installed the Google PDF app and now the PDF attachments in Evernote open beautifully!  Hope this helps!

• Like 1
On 1/16/2020 at 4:30 AM, she3090she@gmail.com said:

Hi!  Sorry, I should have included that!  I am using an Android phone and that is the device that experienced the issue.  My Windows PC is handling PDFs as it always has....I've used Evernote for several years and this issue just presented over the past couple of weeks.  

Hi, My Evernote was working fine until last week. Now it's reacting same as you guys. 

Guess what? It coincides with a new phone running Android 10.

No smoke without fire??