Need of Industry Standard Voice Recording and Speech to Text feature.

MoribitoMT

Idea

Well, it is almost 2020; I see amazing apps out there like NotedApp, JustPressRecord and Notion.

Evernote is the biggest note app for me for years with premium subs.

We need these;

1. Voice recording quality terrible, it should give us options to choose like Low/Mid/High quality with also Noise Reduction feature

2. Speech To Text feature, I see that all Mac and iOS apps started to provide this feature; I want my speech to recorded as highest and the most clean quality audio possible and turn into text in my notes, so important for me. I want to go a seminar and lecture, and record it, I want people's voices turn into text in my notes, so I can work with them later.

Regards.

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Then get a Mac, get an iDevice, get a decent mike: These are OS functions that can be used cross-app, and yes, they work very good. There is the money and AI-experience of Apple flowing into it, so it gets better based on a billion device user base.

It makes no sense to put this sort of effort into one single app, it can never pay off. There are less obvious ways to ruin a company.

I am 10 years of Mac/iPhone/iPad user already. also been using Evernote since its born with premium membership. You do not understand, OneNote and Notion being developed amazingly in last 12 months, they bringing all the features I said. I love Evernote, all my workflow in Evernote, I do not wish to skip it. But I need it to be more feature rich.. Plus using Evernote on mobile devices is still horrible experience, I used Notion in my iPhone and iPad; it is an amazing experience. But Evernote, feels frustration.

Plus: I also have professional mic, but sound quality is still horrible when Evernote records it, a simple app from app store can record 10 times better audio.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, MoribitoMT said:

a simple app from app store can record 10 times better audio.

imho, use the simple app to record.  Use Evernote to store the recording

>>Plus using Evernote on mobile devices is still horrible experience

I wouldn't use the word "horrible", but my preference is to use Evernote on a desktop platform (Mac)

7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

imho, Use the simple app to record

I do not understand; I am suggesting nice features for all us and people asking me to use other stuff. I guess after iFan boys, now iEvernote fans born. Just watch and see how Notion will conquer the Evernote in 1-2 years, I love Evernote, still main note app, however it has lots of room to be improved. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, MoribitoMT said:

I do not understand; I am suggesting nice features for all us and people asking me to use other stuff.

You posted a feature request, and users can indicate their support using the vote button at the top left corner.

My suggestion was a work-around for you to obtain "Industry Standard Voice Recording"    
I do question the priority of this request for Evernote's type  of service

• Level 5

Let us say we do understand each other better now.

Then the topic is about the individual evaluation of a feature request. I am completely against creating „bloatware“, by adding more and more random functions that overlay the core functionality. This is especially true for stuff that uses a lot of resources to develop, like speech recognition. So I will not vote in favor of the proposal, and I tell why.

If the topic would be „Improve iOS app to make it more similar to the desktop clients“, it would easily get my vote, because I regard this as a key feature, not another layer of functions.