Terrible template asset management

ddbb

Idea

I paid for Evernote just so I could use Templates. Turns out that managing and editing existing templates is actually more time consuming than simply keeping a template as a note, then duplicating that note each time I need to use the template

So I will cancel my paid access to Evernote asap. Genuinely, your Template functionality offers nothing.

Allow me: if I am completing a template, which do twice a day, and think of a change I want to make to that template, or fix a typo, anything.... There is no way to open the template and edit the change, save and close. That workflow would take 30 seconds: open template browser (doesn't exits), open template, edit the typo, save, close. Back to work. 

I have read all the help I can find on the topic. know how to access the existing templates. I know exactly what is described in your user manual to edit them. And I am going back to the free version.

[Windows version]

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, ddbb said:

Turns out that managing and editing existing templates is actually more time consuming than simply keeping a template as a note, then duplicating that note each time I need to use the template

Exactly.  I have been using my own template system for years -- long before it was introduced in Evernote.

I see you are using EN Win, but since you posted in the General section, there may be some Mac users reading this.  Using EN Mac, AppleScript, and Keyboard Maestro , I have developed a highly automated template system, that includes the use of placeholders in the template note for things like date and time.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, ddbb said:

duplicating that note each time I need to use the template

This is also my template process
I have a set of template notes; and use Applescript to control the process on my Mac