tomminhdo

Sync error - "Failed to copy source URI to temporary file"

"Failed to copy source URI to temporary file"

A day ago, Evernote on my Samsung galaxy stopped syncing.  Evernote on my laptop is still fine to sync.  Does anyone know why?

Hi @tomminhdo, and welcome to the forums! Is this happening just with regard to editing one particular note, or with all notes? I ask because that's an unusual error message, and I wonder if it relates just to one specific note. I also wonder whether you are either short of internal storage space on the device, or trying to store the Evernote database in external storage (the SD card), which Evernote doesn't want to do (see this Help article).

I had this issue & it resolved on emptying the Trash

• Thanks 1

Coinciding with Evernote's update on 10/10, yet again I'm experiencing this sync error - "Failed to copy source URI to temporary file"

Previously, emptying the trash resolved the issue, but not this time - I have 106 notes waiting to sync 🙁

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Karen

4 hours ago, ffizzz said:

Coinciding with Evernote's update on 10/10, yet again I'm experiencing this sync error - "Failed to copy source URI to temporary file"

Previously, emptying the trash resolved the issue, but not this time - I have 106 notes waiting to sync 🙁

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

Karen

Hi.  I merged your post with a previous query since @Dave-in-Decatur's query above is still relevant:  does editing one note prompt this error,  or just a standard sync.  What's the situation with storage space on the device,  and  is anything to do with Evernote stored on the SD card?

Thanks for that - I wasn't sure whether I should update the existing, older post or not

In answer to your questions:

The error occurs on syncing, not editing. New notes, clipped notes & existing edited notes are all effected. That said, of the last 111 notes, 6 appear to have synced OK - they are all existing notes which were edited since 10/10

Device storage = 59gb/128g available

Evernote not stored on SD card

Hmmn. Weird that some notes sync and others don't.  We can't do a reinstall otherwise you'll lose the unsynced notes.  Android doesn't (AFAIK) have any little tricks that might tell you where the problem lies,  and there's no way to export the notes to another format apart from the 'share' dialogue which may or may not work with unsynced notes anyway...

At this stage I think a support ticket is definitely called for - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

While you're waiting for a response you could maybe check whether sync is working both ways by creating a new note on a desktop to see if it gets to the mobile,  and while you're there,  compare what versions you have of the 'unsyncable' notes to see whether there are significant differences...