SGledden

Frustration at handwritten notes / drawings not autosaving

I routinely lose my hand written notes when I fail to press “done”. This is a source of huge frustration.

Please can Evernote implement an auto save feature for handwritten notes / drawings. 🙏

• Like 1

Windows? Mac? Android? iOS?

I experience the same! Very annoying. I’ve lost so much work like this. It seems that some bug has resulted in all sketches being flattened to images too, and without any sign of when this might be resolved. Time to switch to another app!

I’m having the exact same problem. If my ipad screen goes to sleep, all notes disappear. theres no autosave?

Thanks, @Amplias, for specifying the platform you're working on! It varies from one platform to another currently, so you might check the settings in the ipad app and see if there's an autosave option. There isn't in Android, but in Android Evernote prevents the screen from sleeping. Still, during a long edit I will save or sync (two different things in the Android app) periodically to be safe.

4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

so you might check the settings in the ipad app and see if there's an autosave option

No autosave setting in IOS either

Personally, I don't use Evernote's sketch feature for note-taking
I use the Notablility app on my iPad with with Apple Pencil.  The document is stored in Evernote as a note attachment

They have actually improved the handwriting and created shapes tools.  But, still lack:

1. A better highlighter tool that doesn't show "layers". 

2. The No Autosave function is crazy.  Why go to all the work of making a nice tool and then no autosave?  I get a phone call when I am writing and everything I have written is lost.  

3. Sketches were a "thing" 5 years ago.  Today, with an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, these are real note taking tools.  We should be able to handwrite pages of notes inside the app.  (Don't get me started about how bad Penultimate is), plus it is external to the App.  Apple Notes and OneNote allow one to create notes in the app. 

BTW. I'm doing the same thing as DTLow, creating content in Notability or Apple Notes and then sending it to a note in Evernote.  Slow, but more reliable. 

• Like 1

+1 for the feature.

I am almost about to switch to something else if this feature will not be there. Any insights from the DEV team would be really helpful on if/when the feature is planned to be there.

Agreed - I am also considering changing. I seem to be getting a different scenario to past is when iPAD goes to sleep the note is not kept. It goes back to the front screen and loses all the test. When i am in an appointment it just not possible to press done all the times it goes to sleep. this actually defeats the entire reason i have my subscription. If i cant get a solution to this i will definitely stop using evernote. In the past it used to go back to the handwriting section of the note - this now seems erratic?? Weird!

My solution so far has been to use Notability and send to Evernote. Totally amazed that Evernote would not fix such an obvious flaw.