dvgibson

Snap to Shape in Ink?

Does it work? I cannot find any thing on how to use it, or figure it out myself. 

Evernote Windows has a Ink note type that you can do handwritting and drawings using a laptop or tablet that supports a pen or stylus input. One opt is to make regular shapes (I guess) like circles and rectangles. But nothing in help on it and I cannot get it to do any thing. Ink could be a very useful thing with a bit of work . 

2 hours ago, dvgibson said:

Does it work? I cannot find any thing on how to use it, or figure it out myself. 

Not quite the same, but Evernote/IOS has a sketch feature.  Snap to Shape works by a long press after completing the shape

The Ink feature is documented here https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001598367-How-to-create-ink-notes-in-Evernote-for-Windows

• Snap-to-Shape toolSnap-to-Shape: "Snaps" freehand drawings into precise lines and shapes.

Thank you, DTLow, that is a feature description, similar to the hover over help. That how I found out there is a feature Snap to Shape. But nothing about how to make use of it. 

I'm just working on a desktop computer using a mouse, not a pen or stylus. I find that when I click the Shape icon, it turns the feature on, and then when I draw something remotely resembling a square (I can't draw well at all), the shape is turned in to a perfectly regular square. Likewise with a triangle, circle, ellipse, etc. When the feature is turned off, my crude attempts stay crude.

• Like 1

It seems ink cannot be combined with text or other edit elements, is that so?  If so, it seems limited.

Hum, so it does work for some, maybe its the version I have on my laptop. Thanks for the help confirming. 

13 hours ago, Don Dz said:

It seems ink cannot be combined with text or other edit elements, is that so?  If so, it seems limited.

That's true. The Ink editor is a special MS control so it doesn't integrate with the editor window (chrome) at all.

17 hours ago, Don Dz said:

3 hours ago, dcon said:

That's true. The Ink editor is a special MS control so it doesn't integrate with the editor window (chrome) at all.

On Mac/Pad, "ink" is simply an element in the note; an attachment like an image
No problem combining with text or other elements

Instead of the "MS control", we can use an external editor for the "ink".  I use the Notability app on my iPad