Jarrod Curry

Spaces in Evernote Premium

I had a Business account for many years - and was probably the only person there who used Spaces. Now that I am no longer at that organization, I've switched back to a Premium account but I can still make new Spaces. From the marketing on the Evernote website, it seems to me that Spaces are only for Business users. Is that the case? Is it a fluke that I can still use the Spaces feature or am I just misreading the Features section of the website and premium users have access to Spaces as well? 

Confirmed; Spaces is a Business feature, supposedly not available to Premium accounts
Was your Premium account created under the Business services?

From how I understand it, Spaces make no sense in a one-person account. They were set up to control user access in a multi-user-environment and are basically an instrument for the admin to control the access to information for groups of users. In a Premium account there is only one user, and he is admin of his own fate as well.

Do we have a misunderstanding here ? Premium account allows for „Stacks“, but not for „Spaces“.

Spaces make tons of sense in a 1-person account! I found this thread because I was searching for any discussion about Spaces ever coming to Premium (even with a surcharge). I want more control over grouping notebooks than just stacks. I'd love to have pinned notes for each "space" (for me: each client) and the visual layout of the Spaces Dashboard would be terrific. 

All I'd really need is for them to drop the 2-account minimum for Business and I'd be in. 

• Like 1

Spaces were clearly not developed with this in mind, but to me it seems a creative use of them.

However, I doubt they will bring the feature into Premium, because it is meant to be a tool for the admin - and there is nothing to administer in a personal account like Premium.

Maybe we should ask them to offer a semiprofessional „family“ account, with spaces for a change ?

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Spaces were clearly not developed with this in mind, but to me it seems a creative use of them.

However, I doubt they will bring the feature into Premium, because it is meant to be a tool for the admin - and there is nothing to administer in a personal account like Premium.

Maybe we should ask them to offer a semiprofessional „family“ account, with spaces for a change ?

Spaces has been mulled over for premium in the past but no decision was made as far as I know. I have a business account and use spaces a lot and it’s just me most of the time. Would love it if it came to premium in the future.