Import notes from Notion to Evernote

Vasyl Melnychuk

Idea

The web is full of completely opposite articles - it's super easy to import Evernote -> Notion.

I've never used Evernote heavily. At some point i've needed personal knowledge, planning and notes tool and I was amazed by Notion.

Now, after half a year of trying Notion i gave a chance to Evernote and it turned out, that Evernote is more mature piece of software, and i want to move on with Evernote and drop a Notion.

But there's a problem - even if i have not that huge library in notion, it will still take some unreasonable time to copy-paste things manually.

Is there any less painful way to migrate entities from Notion to Evernote?

10 replies to this idea

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

drag them into an Evernote import folder

TIL: there's another awesome feature in evernote - import folder.

The problem is that Notion imports data in `*.md` files. I've made an import folder, and pasted there one of the files and here is what i got

image.thumb.png.ffb12e3d3f0aad967403a4f42c41ea74.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Vasyl Melnychuk said:

Is there any less painful way to migrate entities from Notion to Evernote?

You'll have to look at your export options in Notion.

When you have files you can work with, drag them into an Evernote import folder (Win/Mac)

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Vasyl Melnychuk said:

The problem is that Notion imports data in `*.md` files.

Taking a wild guess here, but .md files are likely to be in MarkDown format. If you could find a MarkDown to HTML converter, you might have a chance...I found the following for starters: 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Vasyl Melnychuk said:

The problem is that Notion imports data in `*.md` files. I've made an import folder, and pasted there one of the files and here is what i got

Ok, that's a step in the right direction - your data is now stored in Evernote

My notes contain file attachments; .pdf, .jpg, .wrd, .xls, ... and .md (Markdown)

I use a Markdown editor to view/edit the .md files (Typora on my Mac, Textastic on my iPad)

• Level 5

... or if it is a one-timer, get yourself a windows machine (preferably a Laptop), set up EN and the conversion / import folder structure there, make the conversion, import the stuff to the local client and server, and delete it from the PC at the end.

Notes will move to the EN server, and will sync into your Mac on the first occasion.

Although I agree with DTLow that it is a useful ability to know how to use the scripting feature on the Mac.

Use the share button, or copy the link and paste it on evernote. You can share them as a group of notes, arranged according to types, tags and so on. It’s really quick and when you use that link inside evernote you get a page that’s looking better than your standard evernote interface. BTW I am a ten year EN user with almost 20k notes and a one-day Notion user... you see where I’m coming from