Windows 10: shortcut key gone after update

I'm pretty sure that's Windows. Windows "knows" the exe you mapped that too has been deleted (because of the installer) so it removes the mapping. There's not much EN can do about that...

Thank you for your reply. Yeah, probably Windows removed the shortcut.

But maybe Evernote would be able to detect whether there is a shortcut during installation? And then make a shortcut to the new file.

(I really don't know how to do this :-), but i wouldn't be surprised if it's possible)

• Level 5*

In Windows 10 Evernote will also start if you hit the Windows key to open the start menu,  and type "Ev.." then hit return (or leftclick the name);  you can also get a Start menu shortcut if you rightclick the the app in the program list and choose 'pin to Start'.  Just sayin'...

On 10/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, gazumped said:

In Windows 10 Evernote will also start if you hit the Windows key to open the start menu,  and type "Ev.." then hit return (or leftclick the name);  you can also get a Start menu shortcut if you rightclick the the app in the program list and choose 'pin to Start'.  Just sayin'...

Good to know that Evernote can be opened even without shortcut. I can live without shortcuts, but they have been around since the invention of Windows some 30 years ago. Why wouldn't they try to keep such a basic, convenient function working properly.