search for internal links?

Is there a way to search for notes that include links to other evernote notes? You know, the results of : "copy internal link"?

I just imported an enex from one of my other accounts and I wanted to re-create any links that are in the files as these will, of course, be broken now that they are in a new account. 

• Like 1

Right. But I'd rather not manually go through each one of the notes I've imported just to determine whether or not they include a link. If I could search for any note that includes such a link then I could do the necessary re-linking.

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

If you encounter broken links, you can search the note title

This only works if you haven't altered the text

I realize that. What I'm asking is to avoid the "If you encounter".  I know what you are saying, but I'm closing an account and importing everything into my main account. I do tend to change some link names, so I'd rather do the necessary clean-up while I still have the original account open on a separate screen, where I could click on links and see where they lead, then re-create if necessary. So, if I could search for "notes that contain internal links" then I'd be way ahead of the game, having filtered out hundreds of notes.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lisec said:

Is there a way to search for notes that include links to other evernote notes? You know, the results of : "copy internal link"?

I just imported an enex from one of my other accounts and I wanted to re-create any links that are in the files as these will, of course, be broken now that they are in a new account. 

No way within EN that I know that's easy.  You can export note to an ENEX and open it with an editor and look for href="evernote:.  This will go to notes with EN links in them.  Go to the note with that title and see what works or doesn't.  Not too bad for a few links, but problematic if you have a bunch.

Thanks. Too bad we can't search for the links.  Remind me to never change their names again so that I can at least find their source that way 😉

Edited by lisec
typos galore
  • Level 5*
9 minutes ago, lisec said:

Thanks. Too bad we can't search for the links.  Remind me to never change their names again so that I can at least find their source that way 😉

You are welcome.  I experienced the pain way back and since have followed the golden rule of don’t change titles on linked to notes.  

34 minutes ago, CalS said:

I experienced the pain way back and since have followed the golden rule of don’t change titles on linked to notes.  

When I feel the need to shorten titles in links at the top I often keep a phantom field of links at the bottom to preserve full titles (font size 8, in light gray).. 

On the first of 3 link bars on my main dashboard note I have 20 links in one line, too many to use with their full names.

• Like 1

What a great idea! I do that with my filterize codes but never thought to do it with links. I too keep a string of links at the top of many of my notes hence the renaming (to something super short).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
14 hours ago, Don Dz said:

When I feel the need to shorten titles in links at the top I often keep a phantom field of links at the bottom to preserve full titles (font size 8, in light gray).. 

On the first of 3 link bars on my main dashboard note I have 20 links in one line, too many to use with their full names.

Good stuff.  I'm not that organized, typically just a link from one note to another, like from phone log note to item of discussion in the call.  I tend to use tags/shortcuts for dashboard like activities.  Horses for courses.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Don Dz said:

When I feel the need to shorten titles in links at the top I often keep a phantom field of links at the bottom to preserve full titles 

Or you could keep the actual link in text form to allow for searching.  
I use a script (Mac) to do the "phantom" appending.

btw  The text can be changed in both the link and the note title; note-id is the only constant
A more accurate search is for the note-id in the actual link (evernote:///view/...ee54e6a3-dd90-4b0f-8196-72b0b6868776/)

Personally I maintain a data backup in html format on my Mac1419094807_ScreenShot2019-10-03at08_45_56.png.807a3351f0a208ed1b6ad64094a5cb00.png
I can search for note-id using the OS search index.

>>Links are treated as text for search purposes, at least in the Windows version, so I am not sure If I understood you correctly.

The problem is the actual link is hidden in the underlying enml/html code (evernote:///view/...ee54e6a3-dd90-4b0f-8196-72b0b6868776/)
It can not be searched using the Evernote search index

•  
2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Or you could keep the actual link in text form to allow for searching.

Links are treated as text for search purposes, at least in the Windows version, so I am not sure If I understood you correctly.

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The problem is the actual link is hidden in the html code (evernote:///view/...ee54e6a3-dd90-4b0f-8196-72b0b6868776/)
It can not be searched using the Evernote search index

Got it, like a text indexing system for every single note.  Without an automatic script that could get cumbersome to maintain.  I haven't thought that far ahead I guess.