Copy and paste from powerpoint

Hi, I'm a new evernote user. It ticks all of my boxes and I'm excited to use it. However all my lectures from uni are on powerpoint, and sometimes I want to copy and paste an image from the powerpoint. However, when I do this, the picture is pasted as a file (like a pdf) not an image. I have attached a screenshot, with the first phot coming from google images and the second from powerpoint. A you can see the second is like a document which I cannot resize and It's really frustrating. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 12.50.23.png

• Level 5*

Hi.  Apart from any Mac OS options there are any number of apps around that will take a screenshot of all or part anything that's on screen as an image file - or as a movie if necessary.  Are you copying directly from Powerpoint?  (That's not something I've actually done...).

51 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Apart from any Mac OS options there are any number of apps around that will take a screenshot of all or part anything that's on screen as an image file - or as a movie if necessary.  Are you copying directly from Powerpoint?  (That's not something I've actually done...).

Yeah I’m copying directly from PowerPoint (Cmd + v) and it keeps saving as a preview attachment and not an image. I can copy and paste to another app or even save the image to the computer and then I can save the image as an image attachment in Evernote. It’s just that it really messes with my workflow and isn’t as intuitive as I would like it to be.

• Level 5

EN is set up to be a file storage, among other things. Usually it will save the file, as an attachment. The little preview picture is just internal to help you find the correct note.

So if you want to save a picture instead of the file, you have to produce it. On a Mac this will be a screenshot. Make it, let it drop on your desktop and drag it into the EN note where you want to save it.