romelden

ANSWERED Is Evernote ready for macOS Catalina?

Hello EN team,

We (most of the EN users) are really suffering from Evernote in the last 2 macOS upgraded.  Even this Safari upgraded.  Actually, Apple announced stopping 32 bit apps support years ago.  But YOU did nothings.  And how about this Catalina upgrade?  Will it missing some functions, or missing pdf attachments again?  What is the beta release from Apple for?

Please noticed that Evernote no more the unicorn of note taking apps anymore.  STOP disappointing those users still standing with you. 

Steven

• Like 2

Catalina released. But EN team do not have any official announcement on this.  
Am I safe to use my evernote after my Mac upgrade?

1 hour ago, romelden said:

Catalina released. But EN team do not have any official announcement on this.  
Am I safe to use my evernote after my Mac upgrade?

No Evernote issues with Catalina (so far)

Some extensions were dropped with the Safari upgrade, including the Evernote Web Clipper

My MAC just did the Catalina upgrade. When I open Skitch and do a crosshair screenshot, it takes a picture of my screensaver image not what I've crosshaired. Anyone experiencing this or know how I can fix it? Thx!

When I cross-hair something on my screen to save the image, Skitch is taking an image from my second monitor of my screen saver image, not what I have cross-haired. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

I just figured out that it's a permission setting in Settings! Fixed.

Posted (edited)

Once I updated to macOS Catalina, and I tried to use Skitch, it now does not allow me to take a screenshot of anything but the desktop. Is this some weird permission issue?

Edited by Ustice
Accidentally sent without finishing

Hey All,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, Skitch should work for Catalina.

However, you may need to toggle/change a setting.

Please go to Security & Privacy> Screen Recording, and allow Skitch.

Let me know if the issue persists after doing this.

slack-imgs.com-3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Found the fix!!! 

Update security and privacy, screen recoding and allow Skitch .. Phew, thought I had lost my favourite Mac tool

Update 

After a day of using after upgraded, EN seem ok and no big problems (not every feature used or check). Hope it will be okay. 
I am using EN in China (Don’t ask me why don’t use China version), but there is many problems. For e.g., template cannot be saved or get. And ever the web version, the password field didn’t pop up after input username at user page. 
Hope it can be fixed in future. 

thanks

Hi @dianeincanada I have the same problem currently - but I can't see where to change permissions. I can't find anything under System Preferences -> Extensions. Please let me know where you  changed your permissions. Thank you.

Screenshot_11_10_19__12_41_am.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 12.42.59 am.png

Replying to myself here as my post got moved and I couldn't find it. I followed the instructions and it fixed my problem