create screenshot notes in specific folder

Nutshell version of what I need - I am running 2 instances of Evernote: work and personal.  I need one keyboard shortcut to send my evernote screenshots as new notes in my Work account,  and another (default) shortcut that creates the note in my personal account. 

The problem - When 2 instances of Evernote are running, the screenshots are saved as new notes in the last account that was selected.

The solution - find a way to specify "create new screenshot note in x account". That could be too complicated. A simpler solution would be to just have a shared 'Screenshots' folder and have all screenshots saved there. More work for me in that I would have to go through it at some point and move the work related ones into the work account, but at least it solves my problem.

The new problem

I can't find a way to specify the notebook that should be used when creating the new screenshot notes.  I figured it would be easy enough using ENScript to do that, but it turns out it isn't. 

According to this Developer page https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php I could (and have) created a windows shortcut to create a new screenshot note. 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" /task:ClipScreen

However, that page also specifies that "individual commands cannot be combined", so i can't add the ENScript function /n notebook which "Specifies the name of the notebook to create the note in" (oh I tried!).

• Level 5*

Alternative solution - set up Import Folders on both accounts pointing to the individual notebooks to which you wish to assign image files.  Add a separate folder to your desktop to initially hold all screenshots.  Use a file manager like DropIt to choose files from the general folder and assign to one or more import folders depending on the name of that file.  You could differentiate between files by adding a number code to the filenames - 01<filename> for personal files and 02<filename> for work.  DropIt can parse 01* filenames into the correct folder.  The more destination choices,  the more numbers required...

That's a great suggestion... although doesn't this solution assume that I'm auto saving my screenshots in an external folder first (and then auto naming/moving them into separate subfolders which are watched by the two instances of Evernote)?  I didn't think you could save Evernote screenshots to a desktop folder. If I could then that would solve all my issues. As you point out,  I could use evernote exclusively for work screenshots set to save in a work folder watched by my work account, and I could use another of my multiple capture tools to auto save in my original folder. If I decide to import that folder into my personal account I could do it if I choose to.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lisec said:

although doesn't this solution assume that I'm auto saving my screenshots in an external folder first

I guess you might have to - I normally get to choose the name my screenshots are going to be saved under - usually 'screenshot0x' or some such.  It's not a big deal to change that as they're being saved to 01_screenshot... etc.

CalS, I currently have both instances of Evernote open (desktop vs web) so that would really amount to the same thing.

I'll just have to try a few things until I'm happy with the workflow. You know how it is when you decide to try a new method - it takes a bit of time to figure out if it is worth your while.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, lisec said:

CalS, I currently have both instances of Evernote open (desktop vs web) so that would really amount to the same thing.

Less to do with which EN is open.  I was thinking brave with clipper opened to work account and chrome with clipper opened to home account, or whichever.  Then anything clipped in brave goes to business, anything clipped in chrome goes to home. 

This may be just as cumbersome as anything else, or I may not fully understand the issue.

21 hours ago, CalS said:

I was thinking brave with clipper opened to work account and chrome with clipper opened to home account,

When I worked at EN, that's pretty much what I did. Company stuff was via Chrome. Personal stuff (EN included) was via Firefox. (The Win client was pointing at either my company account or, more usually, test accounts)

• 2 years later...
On 9/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, lisec said:

Nutshell version of what I need - I am running 2 instances of Evernote: work and personal.  I need one keyboard shortcut to send my evernote screenshots as new notes in my Work account,  and another (default) shortcut that creates the note in my personal account. 

The problem - When 2 instances of Evernote are running, the screenshots are saved as new notes in the last account that was selected.

The solution - find a way to specify "create new screenshot note in x account". That could be too complicated. A simpler solution would be to just have a shared 'Screenshots' folder and have all screenshots saved there. More work for me in that I would have to go through it at some point and move the work related ones into the work account, but at least it solves my problem.

The new problem

I can't find a way to specify the notebook that should be used when creating the new screenshot notes.  I figured it would be easy enough using ENScript to do that, but it turns out it isn't. 

According to this Developer page https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php I could (and have) created a windows shortcut to create a new screenshot note. 

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\Evernote.exe" /task:ClipScreen

However, that page also specifies that "individual commands cannot be combined", so i can't add the ENScript function /n notebook which "Specifies the name of the notebook to create the note in" (oh I tried!).

I am also facing same issue, If you found any helpful guide Please let me know. Thanks

• Level 5*
On 12/8/2021 at 10:20 PM, ielexhassen said:

If you found any helpful guide Please let me know. Thanks

Hi. If you're looking to save screenshots to two different accounts,  the easiest method is probably to have import folders set up on your desktop so that images saved to one folder go to one account,  and those saved to another go to the other account.  There are lots more options available these days,  both within Evernote and courtesy of third-party automation add-ins like Zapier.  If you could explain in more detail what you're looking to achieve,  maybe we can advise you further...