"Old Evernote Data Found", won't migrate

With Safari 13, Evernote Clipper is incompatible and was removed. But the next time I launched Evernote, I got this message: 

Old Evernote Data Found
The data found at '/Users/.../Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/Evernote' is from a previous Evernote version which cannot be migrated. If you have unsynced data or any local notes (i.e. content that does not show up when logged in to the Evernote web client) then it is recommended that you quit this version of the app and export that data with the old Evernote app. If  you choose to continue, then all of your synced account content will be fetched from the Evernote service.

I didn't knowingly do anything to update Evernote from some "old" version. I guess I can just fire it up and see what disappears but since I don't KNOW what I had that was local, I don't trust that I know if I am safe. And HOW do I "export that data with the old Evernote app" if I don't HAVE the old app????

Suggestions, please?

• Level 5*

My data is always sync'd to the servers so I have no concerns about "old data" on my devices.  
The "fetched from the Evernote service" works for me

>>I don't KNOW what I had that was local

These would be notes assigned to notebooks specified as "Local"729932732_ScreenShot2019-09-23at16_10_14.png.9f87a1b3cf0c9e1628b4a2dfafc9a437.png

I already have backups in place for Local notes

• Level 5

Do / did you have any local notebooks, that were not synced to the EN server ?

If not, I would make a complete (!) uninstall of EN using the app „Appcleaner“. In the Appcleaner window, make sure you check every item, so go down to the bottom of the list, and check anything.

After that, reinstall the EN app (if possible NOT from the Macs AppStore, but the direct version from the EN website). After the install and introducing your account data, all notes will be downloaded from the server and the local EN database build from scratch. Depending on the size of your database, this may take a while.

Only if you had any local notebooks, this would be not advisable, because you would loose them in the uninstall.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, moe52 said:

With Safari 13, Evernote Clipper is incompatible and was removed. But the next time I launched Evernote, I got this message: 

I didn't knowingly do anything to update Evernote from some "old" version. I guess I can just fire it up and see what disappears but since I don't KNOW what I had that was local, I don't trust that I know if I am safe. And HOW do I "export that data with the old Evernote app" if I don't HAVE the old app????

Suggestions, please?

Hi.  I'm not a Mac user,  so I don't know the significance of your message,  but if you are still concerned about possibly losing data,  I'd suggest the best people to contact are Evernote Support.  They should be able to advise you in more detail.

15 hours ago, moe52 said:

Suggestions, please?

Hi I have only recently paid for my premium package especially so I can use the clipper. It is so disappointing it has disappeared. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Wocket said:

Hi I have only recently paid for my premium package especially so I can use the clipper. It is so disappointing it has disappeared. 

Hi.  You don't have to be a subscriber to use the browser clipper.  Check the other announcements here - the clipper was disabled by recent Apple changes,  which Evernote are now working around.  Updates should be appearing soon...